General 500 in accident

Currently reading:
General 500 in accident

Michaelsfiat

Well you might recognize me as the guy whose wife curbed the drivers side front alloy wheel and flattened the the tire and then I put on a steel rim on as a spare and she curbed that one too…
Well I finally got that all taken care of got an alloy to use as a spare and I was all set!
I thought!
My wife took the car to get a smoothie (drink) and the sky’s opened up and it was raining cats and dogs which is usual in Florida this time of year
I dont know how it happened but she ran into something not another car and came home with the car with a dent in the bumper cover and fender pushed in to the door on the driver side front
And then I look and the front wheels are going in different directions the passenger side front wheel is facing outwards while the drivers side front is straight…the nightmare begins!
Its at the collision place and I’ll know in a few days what status of car is!
Obviously the front end is out of whack and there must be some bent or broken parts!
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
64,000 miles on it

It does depend if she has just clipped something and peeled back the fender obviously damage the bumper and broken something in the suspension the actual structure of the car may be ok. she may have missed the chassis rails (legs or what ever the kids are calling them these days) and so it might all be cosmetic and a need for a new lower arm/wishbone.

The front suspension is pretty simple, little to damage to make it look really bad so could be a straightforward repair.

Equally though depending on what she hit, speed and a few inches to the left or right could mean serious structural damage to the chassis rails and the car is essentially a right off, so fingers crossed.

Perhaps given her track record with cars she should take up something safer..... alligator wrestling ?

Just got off the phone with collision repair place
Total estimate
  • Parts$267.54
  • Labor$1,908.00
  • Materials$378.30
  • Other$0.00
Total $ 2,719.84
Going there tomorrow to see for it my self
Replace two tie rods then fix the fender, door and bumper cover
But I want to look at it for my own sanity just ask porta LOL! Been through hell with left tire before the crash!
Funny you should pick alligator wrestling I am in the right state Florida
Maybe I can get the collision place to put a Mad Max rollbar on the outside of the car
That would work!
Dont tell my wife shhh!

Well it came to about $2200 after the $500 deductible
Picked it up the other day and the body shop did an excellent job the dented fender and dented bumper cover matched the paint really close and replaced the bent tie rod end and had it aligned
So I am good to go!
Feels right and front end doesn’t vibrate
I am real particular with the repairs (especially the spaces in the door and hood had to be straight!)
And of course the mechanical work had to done correctly (tie rod)
I would say I am satisfied
Hats off to Gerber Collision!

I was really surprised!

Not really
St Augustine FL
On the other coast and far north LOL!
Spoke too soon—I just noticed the driver side mirror not working when I press the buttons!
Have to take it back!

Back