Technical Multiple Computer Chip failures in 2016 Fiat 500 Turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Multiple Computer Chip failures in 2016 Fiat 500 Turbo

SerendipitousTwist

Sorry. Not sure if this belongs here. I have a 2016 Fiat 500 Turbo that I bought new in 2017.

Two months after getting it, I was driving and all the dash lights came on, the electronic speedometer went blank. Had to get a tow, it was under warranty and they replaced a computer chip. Got it back home (I was out of town) and a week later had same problem. Took it and they replaced a chip.

Last November, I went to start my car one morning, same problem, except in addition the Fuel Cut Off light came on and vehicle wouldn't start. Had it towed again. They replaced some sensor and a computer chip.

Week before last, same **** again. But since I knew it was just a malfunction and no actual issue with how the car ran, I drove it the 30 miles to work and back, no problems and eventually all the lights went off.

Last Tuesday, started it, got the same problem. Fuel cut off light came on again. So I turned off, restarted and was able to drive, ecnd with the lights on. On the interstate, fuel cut off light came back on... And then the car started sounding loud, like it wasn't shifting gears and going too fast in a lower gear. Pulled over, turned off and then back in. Fuel cut off light went off, although the other lights were on and I was able to make it the 30 miles to work. On the way home from work, this stuff started again. The fuel cut off light came on again, and I pulled over since I didn't want to have the gear shifting issue again. At this point, the car just wouldn't start. I called for a tow. In the meantime, I was able to start the car intermittently and then it would go off after a few minutes or just not start.

Beyond frustrated at this point. What would cause the chip to keep going bad and the problems to even get worse?
I'm so over it.

Can you tell us more about the car, engine size and gearbox auto/manual…we don’t get those same options as you in the states and us over here

Back