General 500 Abarth spotted in Wales!

Currently reading:
General 500 Abarth spotted in Wales!

You are absolutely right, still have my bike and have not used it all year. It used to be an unwritten sort of code of conduct that you obeyed 30/40 limits and anything else went provided you don't endanger anybody other than yourself.

The whole thing has gone out of the window, its a shame, there are still a lot of decent people out there riding bikes.

Sadly true. The thing is I probably would have been OK but the 2 guys out of the group of 5 who were on the wrong side of the road would have been dead for sure. But what if one of them had come through the windscreen and killed me or my wife? Not a nice thought. If you've ever driven/ridden here you'll know there are only a few blind corners and it really doesn't spoil the road to take it sensible around them *shakes head*

Last edited:
Absolutely, agree 100%.

You are tought, or I was at least, to appreciate the 'vanishing point' when learning to ride. i.e. where the two verges coincide in your view, come towards you and the bend is tightening, moving away, and the bend opens up.

Last edited:
I respect how dangerous these roads are. I've lost a few people i knew on these dangerous roads (in cars) and a biker comes off at least every week on the Barmouth road during the summer, most of the time it's fatal. Barmouth road is very dangerous. I curse bikers because they don't care about the people that have died, sometimes i wish the police leave the crumpled bikes on the side of the road (there would be a lot) then people would realise the danger.

my bro was a profesional rider for a european motorcycle race team for 3 years i think big superbikes are pointless on the roads the worst thing about them is all the dicks who buy them THINK they can ride just because they can get there knee down !! they watch motogp get out the bike and try to be valentino.

my bro was a profesional rider for a european motorcycle race team for 3 years i think big superbikes are pointless on the roads the worst thing about them is all the dicks who buy them THINK they can ride just because they can get there knee down !! they watch motogp get out the bike and try to be valentino.

Yep, all the gear and no idea.

I stopped road riding, got a trailer and just did track days in the end, big bikes are pointless on the road now...

Back