20200703_170517.jpg

Multipla 4th time lucky*

There is (or perhaps now was) a roundnose Brotherwood up-front wheelchair converted one on ebay last week as an MOT failure (welding to cills required). One owner with stupidly low mileage - around 20k I think. It wasn't listed under the main cars & motorcycles section so it didn't come up on a normal search for some reason. It was a nice colour too.

In some ways it's a shame the the Brotherwood conversion made such a fundamental change to the interior layout. There have been a few low mileage ones come up for sale recently, but they're appealing to a really niche market.

Last edited:
Thought my daughter would follow me down the 'Ugly Bug' route, since she really loved the ones I had. Wifey decided to give her the Nissan Note as a 1st car and there's no getting away from it in young peoples eyes the Note is the preferred tool.

Well,
After not a lot of enquiries... Two people asked the same question... When was the timing belt and water pump done.

No idea!

So I took the top cover off and the belt had more cracks showing than my ill fitting jeans.

The water pump looked original too and later date code confirmed it was a 2003 part.

So I bit the bullet and spent the £70 on a gates kit and fitted it on my birthday. Took about 3 to 4 hours.

BRING IT ON.
IMG_20210409_151239_5.jpg
IMG_20210409_172603_6.jpg
IMG_20210409_172608_4.jpg

The kit was great apart from it came with a crank bolt which you didn't need and no new tensioner nut. Speaking of which it pinged off and I spent 1/2 hour looking for it. 10 imaginary points to whomever can see it in the photo below... What a cheeky little so and so.

IMG_20210409_175634_6.jpg

Anyway back together and waiting a noo owner. :eek:

Well just to say she’s still in the family and at home with me now up in Scotland. Just fixed some cracked water spray pipes in the boot that were leaking and removed 2 tons of silicone from the front sun roof now waiting on leaks to form the seals looked great just needed a huge clean out. Thanks Bill for selling to me and she will make a beautiful addition to my shop

Back