Technical 3 Keys ???

Currently reading:
Technical 3 Keys ???

With the old generation of keys..
I have previously bought a good used key from ebay.. and then had a new 'blade' fitted and cut.

So its a fully functioning FIAT key..

If your RED key works in the manner s130 predicts

You can potentially just code in any 'used' keys you have . (Maybe try them on delivery..before getting a locksmith involved..?)

Ive only ever had one car with the old Red +Blue system..it was a CinqSporting with a full history file.. so no key issues to require my attention

My 1999 car (marea jtd ) was the start of Generation 2.. 2x Blue Remote keys.. just like the modern system.. the keys screwed together..but had fixed blades.

Last edited:
I would like to see the face of my Fiat dealer when he realizes he has to program keys on the car so old, it doesn't even have OBD : )

Wrapper
I went to Fiat Marbella yesterday to enquire about keys, as per the story so far….
Thay are checking with Italy to see if key blanks with chips are still available for my “old car” so I will update the story once they advise. I sis learn that the dealership has the ability to code a new key, but they don’t have equipment to cut/copy @ key blank! �� Ben

Back