General 3 dash faults in a day HELP Seicento users!!

Currently reading:
General 3 dash faults in a day HELP Seicento users!!

Rossko1978

Well, having had my '53 Sporting 6 months I had 3 faults in a day yesterday. Having all come together maybe there's a logical explanation!

Can anyone suggest anything?

a) Red steering wheel warning light came on, lost power steering. This is now fine, no more probs since I started her up again.

b) Speedo stopped working completely!

c) Yellow engine management light has come on and stays on permanently.

Car drives absolutely fine, no noticeable difference in performance or anything. I'm wondering if these 3 things may be related maybe or at least 2 of them?

And by the way thanks for the advice on alloy wheels people. Going to get 14" Abarth wheels and carry on with my exterior styling, badges, interior mods and other bits n pieces.

Likely to be an issue with the speed sensor (back of the gearbox, passenger side) which gives a signal to the spedo and the power steering. Check the connector and adjaceent wiring for fit, damage, corrosion, etc. and put a little vaseeline on it and clean it up.

May sort it, otherwise you probably need a new one.

Absolutely spot on!!!!

A diagnostic revealed it was indeed the speed sensor at fault. I am currently driving without a speedo until my mechanic orders me the part. I cannot find any online, I guess it's a main dealer thing. I have not a clue what the cost is going to be.

The power steering has been fine since that one occurance, and yesterday my brake light fuse blew, all sorted now.

Gona work through all these little minor problems, then my next task is to find out why when I am down to 1/3rd of a tank of petrol, the car splutters like buggery. I cannot use the full range of my tank cos of this, mechanic seems to think the feul pipe going into the tank has somehow become peppered.

After that, it's some spacers, 14" wheels, and possibly some new brakes. Considering a K&N Filter as well.

dont get a k+n they are no good for these cars, they are posistioned terribly and dont work properly due to that

I have not checked gearbox oil yet. I'm going to ask my mechanic guy to go through a few things with me this week, get me up to speed. I am a musician, not a mechanic LOL!

K&N no good then? Not to worry. Looks like bigger wheels, spacers and sorting that fuel issue out next then. (After the speed sensor!)

I'll bang some pics of Zippy on here at some point soon.

Back