Styling 244 Large Mondrian Blue fabric

Currently reading:
Styling 244 Large Mondrian Blue fabric

how long were you turning it over each time?? A good trick to make it all happen faster and take strain off bearings is to do it without compression, so disconnect the crank sensor or however you are stopping it from injecting fuel, take all the plugs out, then turn it over - will spin much much quicker and without the compression theres next to no load on the crank bearings...

Just a couple of seconds, sunday i will mount the anti roll bar and lower the car. Then ill check the oil again and top it up. Maybe priming the pump via the greenfilter/cooler assembly. The oil pickup does sit in the front half of the oil pan

Weird thing is, i bought the engine and gearbox with fluids. When i got home I drained it all. The oil was used, quite dark actually but no shavings. So i guess the worst thing could be the pick up or seal for the pick up?

probably worth dropping the pan for a quick looksie if you haven't but I think you're just being a bit paranoid.. will take a good bit of turning over to prime everything, I don't think there's a way to just spin the pump on a fiat fire without the engine (but also not a thing I've ever really looked into). But you can pour some oil into the turbo oil feed to lubricate the turbo on the startup, other than that from what you've said I'd not be at all worried yet.

as above, whip plugs out before you try next time and just keep going for longer, so long as your not going for minutes and minutes it'll be fine. Give it some 15-20 second bursts with a minute or so in-between to let the starter cool down. I'd expect the light to go off on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Maybe worth just checking the wiring for the light too, cause it's possible it's just shorted to earth and won't ever go out lol

Good news everyone!

Thanks blu73, pulled the plugs and after 4x 20 sec turns it finally gave some pressure (whopping 3 bar worth)

Bad news, started filling up coolant until my coolant pipe started leaking at the welds. Anyways removed the pipe and gave it to a local radiator welding shop. Will be done tomorrow…

After some fiddling, it starts and runs. In the end there were a couple more leaks in that coolant pipe… need to improve my welding skills a bit more ;) next week orso it will go on the dyno and get mot after. I will upload some videos, via YouTube perhaps?

Anyways cant wait to drive this thing. After this ill take a break, do some stuff around the house and the brembos ofcourse but all in a slow pace. And just enjoy the car as is :)

Hey all,

Couple of months later the car went on the dyno and came of it in one piece ! :D
But one day wasn't enough so i went back another day for the last touchups.

this is taken at day one, the second day we tuned the higher revs and pushed the torque band just a little bit wider. but in general there must be a restriction, probably the stock Punto gt exhaust.
because we couldn't get it higher than 160hp. and most abarth 595 with IHI turbo push 170 with out the uprated intercooler and such.

so i think there is still power left on the table.....

anyways it drives great and was a worth while. cruise control still needs some tuning but works fine for now.

yesterday i went for a cruise :)

avg fuel consumption at the pump: 13,5 km per L or 38.17 UK mpg

with all that fun under the bonnet, the brakes are up to big task and are really too small for this. but thats for an other time, just like electric hydraulic power steering....

Back