Technical New blue key(s) - 1 red, 1 blue.

Currently reading:
Technical New blue key(s) - 1 red, 1 blue.

neepeh

The Punto I bought came with the red master key, one blue key, but no code card.

From what sense I've made from it, I can get 2 new transponder keys cut, and program them myself with the master key using the ignition.

Is this the most cost effective way to do it? I've been quoted £15-30 per key from Timpsons.

Cheers. :)

Ideally 2 new ones - since the original one is knackered. One for use, one spare.

I noticed Fiat stated in the service manual, why they didnt provide codecards- "at the behest of the british insurers". Sounds like Fiat had a massive gripe about doing it.

To be honest, if I could just get a new fob to go around the existing key, I would just do that, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that for sale :p

The Punto I bought came with the red master key, one blue key, but no code card.

From what sense I've made from it, I can get 2 new transponder keys cut, and program them myself with the master key using the ignition.

Is this the most cost effective way to do it? I've been quoted £15-30 per key from Timpsons.

Cheers. :)

You cant program a key unless you have the equipment to do so.
You can get as many keys as you like cloned from the existing blue key, (what heel bars will offer you). You will not need the master key to do this.

The price quoted is a normal key copying price and you are unlikely to get it any cheaper.

Tony.

Back