General 2022 Panda?

Currently reading:
General 2022 Panda?

ambient white

I’m out to sell my 2021 Tivoli 1.2 turbo in the summer. It’s a really nice drive with heated seats and heated steering wheel. It’s a little large for the driveway and my wife is not keen on driving it. Meanwhile we will keep the other car a 18 Reg Panda City Cross because of its ideal size and its heated seats and windscreen, ideal for next winter.

I’m thinking of waiting for the new 2022 Panda but also considering a Suzuki Ignis. I’m a fan of Panda, having had three in all but the problem here in NW England and maybe elsewhere is the lack of Fiat dealerships.

Any thoughts on the new 2022 Panda anyone?

I like the look of it externally but internally it will likely look good but be an ergonomic nightmare like most modern cars these days. I'm not a fan of the direction where there is reliance on a smartphone and touchscreen / lack of buttons

I wouldn't put too much faith in that Honest John piece, which reckons the 2022 Panda will be powered by the TwinAir, an engine that's already ceased production!
I have 1.2 and twinair Pandas and considered an Ignis recently. Its basically a decent car but felt rather underpowered after the twinair. Its more akin to the 1.2 69hp but I still prefer the 1.2 panda as a drive. Ignis is definitely worth a good look though.

So much for just-in-time production, eh?!!
Probably ramped up production in the last few months to build up a stockpile
All though they will allways of had to have a small stockpile to prevent any issues at the engine plant stopping the production line immediately and obviously some to be sent out as replacements

Fiat like had several 10s of thousands of built engine's sat in a warehouse for the last production runs and no doubt several kept as spares to be sold as replacements
The Panda 4x4 is still running the TwinAir Turbo 80/85 engine, til something better come along, the 1.0 Hybrid is not suited for 4x4 use.
Rumor has it that the 4x4 will get the same 100 hp 3T Firefly turbo engine as used in the FIAT Tipo, maybe it will then also available for the Panda Sport.

I'd like to see a 3 cylinder version of the Twinair, so a Triple air, keep the bore and stroke in proportion but make the total displacement 1 litre, so like a 996cc turbo charged engine that developes just over 100bhp but with a lot more torque than the twinair.
I think the Ford 1.0 ecoboost is a 3 cylinder turbo which puts out around 130bhp, I think the Panda would suit a little less bhp but more emphasis on torque, so like 115 bhp.

I'd like to see a 3 cylinder version of the Twinair, so a Triple air, keep the bore and stroke in proportion but make the total displacement 1 litre, so like a 996cc turbo charged engine that developes just over 100bhp but with a lot more torque than the twinair.
I think the Ford 1.0 ecoboost is a 3 cylinder turbo which puts out around 130bhp, I think the Panda would suit a little less bhp but more emphasis on torque, so like 115 bhp.
No change now they killed the twinair off
Best you would hope for is the 4 cylinder 1.4 firefly which is direct Injection I believe and also has the multi air tech

Why has the "latest" version of the Twinair got such high CO2? About 156 g/km for Euro 6 when before it was under 120 g/km for Euro 5. I know the mpg was dropped down to something more realistic but have they found it is pumping out more emissions than originally tested? If so it's a lot of pollution for a little engine, almost as much as my Megane which has 4 cylinders, 2 litres and 273bhp!

Why has the "latest" version of the Twinair got such high CO2? About 156 g/km for Euro 6 when before it was under 120 g/km for Euro 5. I know the mpg was dropped down to something more realistic but have they found it is pumping out more emissions than originally tested? If so it's a lot of pollution for a little engine, almost as much as my Megane which has 4 cylinders, 2 litres and 273bhp!
Fuel in equates to exhaust gasses out at the back. 37mpg is uneconomical. If you burn a lot of fuel. emissions per mile are high.

Back