Technical 2022 Ducato Full LED headlights

Currently reading:
Technical 2022 Ducato Full LED headlights

Ian789

I've ordered a 2022 LHD Ducato based campervan from. France. It's nicely specced including full LED headlights with LED DRLs.

Does anyone know if its possible to adjust these headlights for driving in the UK (so it passes the IVA??)

I've seen elsewhere that these LEDs have quite a flat beam and also seen mention of a 'neutral' beam pattern (whatever that means) but cant find a definitivec nswer to their adjustability for driving on the left ( or back again if on holiday in Europe).

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

First thing to do is to check in MultiEcuScan, perhaps there's an option to adjust the market (and the steering wheel position). I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've seen some local adjustment in MES when it was connected to my 2012 Ducato. Of course it doesn't mean that headlight beam adjustment is there. But I'd say it is worth checking. LEDs are much easier to program than classic H4/H7 lights.

First thing to do is to check in MultiEcuScan, perhaps there's an option to adjust the market (and the steering wheel position). I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've seen some local adjustment in MES when it was connected to my 2012 Ducato. Of course it doesn't mean that headlight beam adjustment is there. But I'd say it is worth checking. LEDs are much easier to program than classic H4/H7 lights.
Cheers I'll have a look.

Even if its only a manual adjustment using a screwdriver rather that system settings that will still be better than having to change the lights to pass the IVA

I do not have the answer but Is there any truth in the suggestion that the latest Fiat Ducato LED headlights can be switched between left hand dipping and right hand dipping?

I've ordered a 2022 LHD Ducato based campervan from. France. It's nicely specced including full LED headlights with LED DRLs.

Does anyone know if its possible to adjust these headlights for driving in the UK (so it passes the IVA??)

I've seen elsewhere that these LEDs have quite a flat beam and also seen mention of a 'neutral' beam pattern (whatever that means) but cant find a definitivec nswer to their adjustability for driving on the left ( or back again if on holiday in Europe).

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian
Have you arranged insurance to drive it back to UK? Can I ask who with?

It’s been a feature of some headlights/manufacturers, that don’t have a beam pattern lens and focusing outer lens, that they can be switched from lhd to rhd and vis versa. Some are simple mechanical with a moveable shroud that flips left to right and back again, some can be done with the car’s infotainment systems (both have been available on BMW, VAG, Toyota. I’m not sure as to modern Fiats, certainly my Pandas don’t.
I know some MoT testers allow flat pattern beams as I had LED flat beam (they don’t ‘kick up’ on either side so are flat like fog lights) on my Cherokee XJ. I went back to standard ‘crystal’ lens halogens as, the LEDS failed twice (one came on full only, the other started flashing) and, to be honest, they aren’t very good for contrast vision, merely lighting something up with little definition!
Modern quality LED headlights are multicolour and soft white to enhance contrast/definition.

Back