Technical 2018 Ducato nox sensor code

Currently reading:
Technical 2018 Ducato nox sensor code

RR58

Hi everyone

Im wondering if anyone has come across a problem I have, I have a 2018 Fiat ducato 2.3 engine code F1AGL411D which is coming up p2200 nox sensor open or short circuit. The van does not have a nox sensor fitted and ive checked with fiat and they do not list one for my vehicle.
Thanks in advance for any help

Riki

Hi
Thanks for your reply, used multiecuscan to get code, mil is on, can clear code the comes back on when engine under load. What test do you mean?
Thanks

Hi

Your engine is of the 2016 to 2019 Euro6 twin EGR type without SCR (Adblue).

I found this, which suggests that Fiat may have allocated the P2200 code to flow rate problems with the EGR circuit(s):

P2200 Fiat Ducato OBD Code​

OBD/2 P2200 error code description and symptoms.
EGR Flow Insufficient Detected
The EGR system is monitored during steady state driving conditions while the EGR is commanded on.
The test fails when the signal from the DPF EGR sensor indicates that EGR flow is less than the desired minimum.
Vacuum supply EGR valve stuck closed
EGR valve leaks
EGR flow path restricted
Circuit shorted to PWR
VREF open to D.P.F. EGR sensor
D.P.F. EGR sensor downstream hose off or plugged
EGRVR circuit open to PCM
VPWR open to EGRVR solenoid D.P.F.
EGR sensor hoses both off D.P.F.
EGR sensor hoses reversed
Damaged EGR orifice tube
Damaged EGRVR solenoid
Damaged PCM
Perform KOER self-test and look for DTC P2200 as an indication of a hard fault.

You may have noticed a recent (lengthy) thread on this forum about the F1AGL411D engine and the EGR issues which some people have had.

Hi

Your engine is of the 2016 to 2019 Euro6 twin EGR type without SCR (Adblue).

I found this, which suggests that Fiat may have allocated the P2200 code to flow rate problems with the EGR circuit(s):

P2200 Fiat Ducato OBD Code​

OBD/2 P2200 error code description and symptoms.
EGR Flow Insufficient Detected
The EGR system is monitored during steady state driving conditions while the EGR is commanded on.
The test fails when the signal from the DPF EGR sensor indicates that EGR flow is less than the desired minimum.
Vacuum supply EGR valve stuck closed
EGR valve leaks
EGR flow path restricted
Circuit shorted to PWR
VREF open to D.P.F. EGR sensor
D.P.F. EGR sensor downstream hose off or plugged
EGRVR circuit open to PCM
VPWR open to EGRVR solenoid D.P.F.
Damaged EGR orifice tube
Damaged EGRVR solenoid
Damaged PCM
Perform KOER self-test and look for DTC P2200 as an indication of a hard fault.

You may have noticed a recent (lengthy) thread on this forum about the F1AGL411D engine and the EGR issues which some people have had.
@Anthony489 well done for finding this reference. Have you got the origional URL?
using duckduckgo i only get references to the adblue issues
do you think the EGR references are to the HPegr rather than the LP egr?
does this refer to the dpf differentioal pressure sensor?

Last edited:
I'm logging in here so I can watch comments, the other big post on here was started by me, I've the engine same as yours. From MES live test runs driving , as instructed by @theoneandonly I'm having the lpegr cooler changed next week.(other parts have already been changed). These twin EGR engines are a nightmare as the design was faulty from new ex works, you need the latest engine software v32, it depends then upon how much damage has been caused between new and when the software has been updated

Hi

The original url is here: https://www.engineobd2codes.com/p2200_fiat-ducato.html

However, to sound a warning note, much of the information on OBD codes / DTC's available on the web seems to be generic cut 'n pasted or partially computer generated. Material from the USA is biased towards petrol rather than diesel engines. The main thing to note is that the allocation of even generic codes can differ between manufacturers, so Fiat may have gone out on a limb by allocating P2200 to EGR issues rather than specifically the NOx sensor.

Maybe a Fiat dealer could reveal the true answer, if you can find a friendly one ?

I hadn’t seen that thread as different codes but definitely worth me looking at data for egr.
Thanks for your help, I’ll post my findings next week

If you already have mes that is handy.
At top of ducato page is a ribbon with guides. This is not intended to teach grandmothers to suck eggs but ends upwith a lists of parameters to monitor. With a number of members here via the other thread we have identified key aspects of the twin egr engine.

Ps i have one of these engines , currently with no mil but out of spec injectors.

I hadn’t seen that thread as different codes but definitely worth me looking at data for egr.
Thanks for your help, I’ll post my findings next week
Whats up!
any news
have got any engine data as suggested in the tutorial, i'll be have to lok at it for you.

@RR58 , if you use MES you can run the engine and do live observation of the LP EGR and it's cooler temperature. If you run a hot engine at steady 1500 revs you can watch the LP EGR opening in millimeters, if it's in the 4.7 region and the temperature doesn't go up quickly to 80-110 degrees then the cooler is blocked with soot and needs replacing or cleaning out. @theoneandonly will be able to check live data runs that you save as a CSV file. There is also a Fiat internal service document that members on here have and could email. The faulty original software is known to throw all sorts of fault codes because the software is unable to make sensible calculations of airflow because of the blockage.

Sorry been really busy only managed to get another look at it yesterday. I’ve found out from doing a run on live data that under load the pre cat temperature sensor was dropping from around 280 degrees to 30 degrees then going backwards and forwards between the two temperatures. I’ve ordered a new sensor which comes Monday. I’m pretty sure that will fix my problem. If all good I’ll do live data run so you have a reference for this engine running ok and post it here👍
Thanks

New sensor fixed issue. I have attached files, the one which showed faulty sensor and one with van running well.
Thanks to everyone for your help.

Attachments

• gn68 4-8.csv
    221.8 KB · Views: 288
  • gn68 8-8.csv
    408.7 KB · Views: 124
"Engine R Precat temperature before sensor change".jpg

Here we see the sensor shorting to zero V a dead sensor or connection.

Unfortuately the post change result does not have the temperature values

Sorry to bring this thread back up again, but I'm having the same issue as well as the P0237 code coming up, @RR58 can i ask did your van have a loss of power every now again when the MIL was triggered, with poor fuel economy, feeling slightly sluggish to what you would expect? As i will go down the same route if the symptoms are the same. Any help would be appreciated.

@adzwesty91 from earlier on in the thread it is a good example of live data confirming suspicions from the error code.
If you have a copy of Multiecuscan its worth doing a test as @RR58 Probably makes sense to get a copy else
there are 2 members at Wigan and the Wirral that maybe able to help

@adzwesty91 from earlier on in the thread it is a good example of live data confirming suspicions from the error code.
If you have a copy of Multiecuscan its worth doing a test as @RR58 Probably makes sense to get a copy else
there are 2 members at Wigan and the Wirral that maybe able to help
100% agree with you, im actually just waiting on my package coming in the post from Gendan, but was just curious to see if the symptoms were the same at all

Back