General 2016 Fiat Tipo 1.6D Clutch Problem

Currently reading:
General 2016 Fiat Tipo 1.6D Clutch Problem

Tipo2016

Hi All,

New to the forum as a member but been viewing on occasion.

I have a 2016 Fiat Tipo 1.6d Multijet for about 1 year now.

Car has done 52k and i am getting the dreaded clutch slip, I noticed it a while ago but was only on the motorway in 6th gear when accelerating to overtake, but it seems to be happening in 4th and 5 th gears now as well.

I appreciate that this is common in these cars, but the issue I'm finding is i cant find a garage that is able to do the replacement as they cant find the aftermarket parts from their suppliers.

Having called around 10 - 15 different places only to be told its dealer only as they are not able to source the Clutch kit, flywheel and slave cylinder.

I called Research Nuneaton and they wanted just under £3,000 for parts and labour, it was a good job i was sat down as that more than half the cars value!

So my question is what are you all doing for parts and getting them fitted, out of all the garages i called only one offered to do the job if i supply parts,

Does anyone here have the part numbers for what is needed ?

Where are you sourcing the Clutch parts from ?

Any suggestions on Coventry based or Midlands based garages that can help to fit?

Any guidance or help would be appreciated as i don't want to be in a position where i have no options other than dealer as the clutch has gone totally and its stuck somewhere .

Thank you all in advance.

What is Luk part number and genuine part number you want?
Hi,

I was looking too make sure if i purchase a clutch kit i get the right one. I don't want to order a kit and its the wrong one when its being fitted at a garage.

It seems that there is very little clutch parts available in the UK at this point in time as most garages are reverting to the dealer as their suppliers are not able to source the parts.

Thanks

So as an update

I bought all the parts (just about)

New Sachs clutch kit - ebay £220
New Sachs Flywheel - AutoDoc £290 ish
New Valeo slave cylinder - Shop4parts - £90
2 x Petronas gear oil Grays Warwick- £25 ish

Was fitted at a local garage in Coventry (Unique Clutches) who charged £340

After removal it turned out to be the fly wheel causing the gear slippage.

A few places said it wont be the fly wheel and just replace the clutch, but i thought I'm not paying the labor cost again, come whenever to change and bit the bullet for a new flywheel lucky i did as all parts have increased in price or they are NLA.

Thank you @jackwhoo for the website the guy there called Mick is an absolute legend and even though they didnt have the parts he helped me a lot with checking and making sure i had all the right part numbers for all the different brands of clucthes before i bought them from other places.

Back