Technical 2014 500L Dualogic 1.3 Diesel shakes on startup (forward or reverse)

Currently reading:
Technical 2014 500L Dualogic 1.3 Diesel shakes on startup (forward or reverse)

Bencho

Hey everyone,
Looking for advice on a persistent issue with my 2014 Fiat 500L (UK version) semi-automatic. Recently replaced clutch, bearing, flywheel, transmission mount, and the hydraulic pump motor. However, the car still shakes on startup (forward or reverse), but operates smoothly once in motion.
Any similar experiences or tips on how to resolve this?

Hey everyone,
Looking for advice on a persistent issue with my 2014 Fiat 500L (UK version) semi-automatic. Recently replaced clutch, bearing, flywheel, transmission mount, and the hydraulic pump motor. However, the car still shakes on startup (forward or reverse), but operates smoothly once in motion.
Any similar experiences or tips on how to resolve this?
Do you think the issue is engine or gearbox related, as in if you stayed in neutral until warmed up a bit can you drive off smoothly with no problem.
If so fault most likely engine related.
I know nothing about the semi automatic gearboxes. So apart from a thought about oil pressure in the gearbox which may have been addressed by a new hydraulic pump, then no ideas in that direction. There is several threads on Forum re auto box issues which may guide you.
However if engine related, first I would try to read any fault codes stored in the ECU (computer ) using a good diagnostic tool, this may help locate the fault.
If worse in colder weather (I don't know if you get cold weather;)) then can be heater plugs at fault or the control of them, this will often show up as an error code. If heater plugs issue you may see white smoke that smells of diesel coming from exhaust pipe.
If not weather/temp related it could be air getting into the fuel system, possibly through a leaking fuel filter or pipes, it may not be much especially if once running for a few minutes the problem goes away.

Hi, 🙂

this 1248cc motor has been around a long time.. Not a common problem

So.. You had the 'Dog. Bone'. Mount changed,? that is the common one to fail 😉

My 1248 got through 2 in my ownership

Selespeed is the same system.. 😉

Who replaced the clutch parts?
Did they have the computer equipment and software to teach the transmition ecu the parameters of the new components?

Who replaced the clutch parts?
Did they have the computer equipment and software to teach the transmition ecu the parameters of the new components?
yes, they have all equipment for it.

Hi, 🙂

this 1248cc motor has been around a long time.. Not a common problem

So.. You had the 'Dog. Bone'. Mount changed,? that is the common one to fail 😉

My 1248 got through 2 in my ownership

Selespeed is the same system.. 😉
yes, Dog Bone changed.... all mounts ok.

yes, they have all equipment for it.

Hi,

In that case take it back to them and tell them it's not working correctly. Show then what the problems are. You already paid them to fix it .

Please let us know the end result

Best wishes

Jack

Back