General 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari

Currently reading:
General 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari

ConBon

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari excellent condition at 34K miles. Newbie and buying for son...price is 8k lower than most for sale. Any concerns to look for? Can you buy decals to make an Abarth appear Ferrari edition...any things to look for to validate Tributo edition?

Yes there are a lot of "fakes" about, not really fake as such but people putting Ferriari stickers on a Red 500 or Abarth and calling it a Ferrari edition.

I have attached pictures of what the real one should look like. Important things are the Brembo Calipers on the brakes. The flappy paddle gearbox (racing gearbox) Also I believe the wheels are unique to the ferrari edition as is the grey bonnet (hood) and roof stripes and the interior has acres of carbon fiber on the dash and on the backs of the racing seats.

FIATFiat500Abarth695TributoFerrari-4499_7.png

Go online and check out what the real ones look like, as you're state side use one of the title checking apps to make sure everything ties up.

These should never be "cheap" as they were very limited run and will become collectors items, the only time it would justifiably be cheap is if it has had a bad life or a checkered history.

Bellow is not a Ferrari edition but you'll notice it has a ferrari sticker on the side near the turn signal. This is just one example I found of someone advertising a "ferrari" edition. This is just a standard red fiat 500.

maxresdefault.jpg

I also found a 695 Biposto being sold as a ferrari edition, because it was red. Not a Ferrari edition but still a very valuable and rare car.

The actual Abarth 695 models all tend to be special editions, they have done the Ferrari, Maserati and Biposto editions. The 70th anniversary edition, a yamaha edition. They tend to be numbered and the ferrari edition has a plaque on the interior just below where the shifter would normally be showing the number of the special edition.
FIAT-500-Abarth-695-Tributo-Ferrari-4499_11.jpg

It is worth researching what came with the car from new, for example the Maserati edition came with custom handmade leather luggage, which would cost a fortune to replace if not with the car, every car they sold originally came with the luggage. So they may have has some other special item in the Ferrari model.

Now I think that in 2013 the Maserati edition came out, and I think the Ferrari edition was 2010, so as you're saying its a 2013 this already sets alarm bells ringing.

It might just be a red Abarth.

Thanks to all as this did check out to "not" be a Ferrari edition. It however is a very nice Abarth with many upgrades. Pics attached. Any more feedback appreciated as lookin to buy tomorrow. Thanks for the quick replies!!

Attachments

• IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3361.jpeg
    IMG_3361.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3362.jpeg
    IMG_3362.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3363.jpeg
    IMG_3363.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 55
  • tempImageCF1IOh.png
    tempImageCF1IOh.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
I said "all" but meant to thank you Andy. You notice the small wire and controller left of steering wheel? We drive a few hours to see in person tomorrow morning

I seem to think (someone can correct me If I am wrong) that all the Abarth cars stateside used the 1.4 multiair engine rather than the European relatives which used a 1.4 t-jet engine.

The difference being that the multiair has a very clever but also fragile electronically activated inlet valves for infinitely adjustable valve timing. This is very particular about having the right oil as it uses pressurized oil to open the valves

If this is the case then you will want to know when every engine service was done and that it was done with the correct oil. Also that the the multiair oil filter (separate like oil strainer in the head) has been replaced as per its service interval.

The one thing that stands out in those pictures is how clean it is in the places people don't clean like in around the hinges of the driver's door and the bulk head under the bonnet. Suggests it's been extremely well looked after.

The brakes on that car suggest its a basic model 140hp as standard. (non brembo brakes) make sure the price they want is in keeping with other similar cars bearing in mind it definately isn't a Ferrari model which commands a very high price tag. A standard 2013 abarth would be worth a fraction of a proper 695 Ferrari edition.

Suggests it's been extremely well looked after.
That - or it's been extremely well valeted prior to being offered for sale.

I'd say it's basically a standard A500 with some aftermarket parts added to make it look like something it most definitely isn't. I'm not sure what to make of the wheels; not something I recognise.

It's 8k less than most on sale because it isn't what it purports to be.

These sort of fakes don't float my boat; it reminds me of an extrovert I once knew that had a rubber phone in his Capri (in the days when real mobiles cost thousands).

Rubber phone too funny. After meeting this older gentleman with this boutique lot of nice older cars...I honestly think he did not know the difference. He only got the car in auction as he knew how nice it was for 10 years old and only 34K miles. He went off of stickers and ran with it. It was priced well for other Abarths we looked at. And yes, my son was very emotional over this car and I relented. His best friend also has a Fiat Abarth and he just loves driving a manual transmission. He drove it home 3 hours yesterday and still has not stopped talking about it. It does seem to have excess carbon at the exhaust tips so looking in to that now. Thanks for y'alls feedback. Great forum and people. I think my son and I will hang around and get educated from the pros. Cheers

Back