Technical 2012 500C help (with pic)

Currently reading:
Technical 2012 500C help (with pic)

Elise500

Hi, I just joined on behalf of my daughter. She owns a 2012 500C and today her check engine light came on. She’s currently taking mechanics in school and her teacher ran and diagnostic on her Fiat and this is what came up. Any ideas where to start?

Thanks for any tips/advice/suggestions!
85FD25C7-2880-4882-BE80-6402D45A07D8.jpeg

Did they try deleting the codes and seeing if they reappear as they may have been logged earlier due to a low battery fault or similar possibly.
What did her teacher/instructor advise?

You need to go down a level to see what the fault(s) under each heading actually are I think...those are just the categories.
Ok I see. I will try and see if she can run it again and go down a level. Now that I’m looking at the pic again, I can see the arrow on the right which may show more?? Really hoping it’s nothing huge to fix

The more problems there are at once, the more likely it is to be something simple.
Common issues:
Low battery power. It will happily show 12.5v or above, but when starting will struggle, dropping reserve down, where control units get upset, and show random faults. Often identified by the clock resetting to zero at each startup.
Main earth cable, from battery to body and engine. This is aluminium, and corrodes internally. Connections at each end can look good, but cable has high resistance internally. By-pass with jump leads to diagnose.
Water ingress to body computer connector, or into computer itself. The plenum chanber below the windscreen has drains (duckbills) that clog with dead leaves. The chamber fills with rainwater, which then overflows into the car, often onto the computer.

Back