General 2010+ larger size door mirrors

Currently reading:
General 2010+ larger size door mirrors

phil182

Banned
hi guys - anyone know if you can pick these up for a sensible price anywhere i.e. not main dealer!!

Back of the queue my friend. I've been checking eBay for over a year after catching my passenger side mirror on a hedge bending it backwards and snapping it off. There are none for sale. Have you checked fiat prices if I remember it was around £140 plus vat each. Ouch.

What you done to yours?

Back of the queue my friend. I've been checking eBay for over a year after catching my passenger side mirror on a hedge bending it backwards and snapping it off. There are none for sale. Have you checked fiat prices if I remember it was around £140 plus vat each. Ouch.

What you done to yours?

I saw a set used on there about a week ago, but they were manually controlled and the seller was expecting £140 for the pair :eek:

I spy a market here!!

If you have a 2010 Panda & aren't fussed about your mirrors you could P/X your mirrors for the old set +£100! or tell your insurance that they were stolen! lost NCB would probably cost you more though!!

Hi all, some <multiple expletives deleted> knocked the driver's door mirror off my new MyLife last night :mad:

It is hanging by the adjuster cable. Nothing *seems* to be broken - glass is ok, no obvious broken plastic or damage on either the mount or the mirror itself. I wonder if they just bent it right back and it 'popped' off?

Does anyone know whether these newer mirrors can be re-fitted or do they always break?? The local dealer is 40 miles away and doesn't hold stock so I'm stuck with trying to re-fit it myself after work tonight. Can't afford to replace the bl**dy thing anyway :cry:

Now, I'm off to buy a james bond style flame-thrower alarm system.... ;)

ps: to clarify, the glass is fine and still attached, it's the black plastic mounting that's been knocked off)

Apologies for updating an old thread: but thought this might help anyone who is searching for a source for the larger mirrors, but doesn't want to pay dealer prices. :eek:

Am testing them out with a small part for one of my classic Pandas, but this company provides parts (including the mirrors) for what seem to me to be quite competitive prices. (y)

Caveat emptor.... :devil:

Be careful when sourcing mirrors from abroad. LHD and RHD mirrors are often set at different angles to the door. Some are ok, with enough glass adjustment, but others need a different mounting angle. Check your own car carefully. Also sometimes left and right can have one flat and the other convex glass.

(A company I worked for a few years ago got a whole container of various mirrors from Taiwan, committed to before referring to a minor who knew any detail. Only about a dozen units were of any use.)

After my post from a year ago, I ended up paying around £128ish for a new mirror fitted at the nearest dealer (after driving around with a lot of gaffer tape holding it together for ages lol).

Still have the old mirror with lock-wire over the spring. One of these days I'll get around to trying to fix it again. Bloody things are designed to be almost impossible to fix as far as I can see tho :bang:

Still have the old mirror with lock-wire over the spring. One of these days I'll get around to trying to fix it again. Bloody things are designed to be almost impossible to fix as far as I can see tho :bang:

The 500 mirrors have the capability to self destruct when folded.

Read about how I put mine back together here.

I have a pair which are broken/butchered which could be rebuilt. They will be going in the wheelie bin on tuesday if no takers. ill bring them with me to stanford hall if we come in the panda, if we come in the my mates ferrari then ill post them. Now if you cant rebuild them i do not want to moaned about on here, thats all i ask.

Rich.

Last edited:
Back