Technical 2009 Fuel Filter temperature sensor 2.3.

Currently reading:
Technical 2009 Fuel Filter temperature sensor 2.3.

tidewatcher

When I bought the camper the original plastic fuel filter had been replaced by a non standard metal type with no water drain. Non of the sensors for water or fuel temperature were connected Though I was not aware of this at the time. I had the metal filter replaced with another metal filter with a water drain facility, I then read about the sensors particularly the temperature sensor.

there is a water and temperature sensor which would replace and a screw into the water drain on the filter, however the wiring is concerning me. Has anyone done this modification?

OK maybe another way round the problem. My 2009 2.3 Ducato came with a non standard fuel filter replacing the plastic bodied one. Because of this the fuel temperature sensor and water sensor are not incorporated. Can the later metal filter fitted to Ducato 2.3 be fitted and if so how compatible are the electrical connectors and wiring?

From what I have read recently, it seems that the answer to your question about using the later cast metal housing is NO.

I recommend that you follow this link to a recent discussion on the "outandaboutlive" forum. Several further links are included therein.

We have a UFI filter on our 2006 2,8jtd, and replaced the element several thousand back without subsequent problems to date Our 2011 Saab 9-3 also uses a UFI filter.

It has been suggested that the UFI filter is much maligned, probably due to failure to use the correct service tool, I tend to agree with this view. Here is a link to an excellent guide by @Techno 100 for servicing the filter, and in which he mentions that some Fiat technicians admitted to not using the service tool.

I have read, and tend to agree with the suggestion that the UFI filter is much maligned. May I therefore suggest a third solution, which is to reinstate a UFI filter. If that course is adopted, then there should be no problem with the electrical connections.

Back