Technical 2009 fiat ducato bessacarr ambient temperature sensor

Currently reading:
Technical 2009 fiat ducato bessacarr ambient temperature sensor

Keith Spencer

Hi,
I am a little confused. I am trying to find and check my ambient temperature sensor!
I am reliably informed that the ECU uses this sensor and will not proceed with a normal DPF regen whilst driving, unless it is operational.

Now I know it's supposed to be in the drivers side wing mirror and I have removed the internal door trim to access the wire connectors and my ducato only has the 8 wire connector for mirror setting and heating, the 2 wire temp sensor connector in the harness is not there at all? I have checked the passenger door mirror in the same way with the same result!

Does anyone know if the sensor is positioned elsewhere on a 2009 ducato bessacarr motorhome?

Hi,
I am a little confused. I am trying to find and check my ambient temperature sensor!
I am reliably informed that the ECU uses this sensor and will not proceed with a normal DPF regen whilst driving, unless it is operational.

Now I know it's supposed to be in the drivers side wing mirror and I have removed the internal door trim to access the wire connectors and my ducato only has the 8 wire connector for mirror setting and heating, the 2 wire temp sensor connector in the harness is not there at all? I have checked the passenger door mirror in the same way with the same result!

Does anyone know if the sensor is positioned elsewhere on a 2009 ducato bessacarr motorhome?
I would not expect a 2009 Euro 4 Ducato to have a DPF or regenerate. I had both a 2009 130 and a 3L which had catalytic convertors but dpf and regeneration was never mentioned until I got a 2017 euro 6 ?

Last edited:
I would not expect a 2009 Euro 4 Ducato to have a DPF or regenerate. I had both a 2009 130 and a 3L which had catalytic convertors but dpf and regeneration was never mentioned until I got a 2017 euro 6 ?
Hi Rayc,
It definitely has a small what looks like a dpf between the turbo and catalytic converter. I could see a temp sensor mounted in the chamber but couldn't see any pressure sensing points /tubes. I couldn't see any vapouriser either?

Hi Rayc,
I think you could be correct. I have just read that only after September 2009 all vehicles required a dpf.
The chamber I have seen is apparently one of two cats fitted to my vehicle. One directly behind the engine under the turbo and one under the drivers door.
My ducato was registered November 2009 but probably old stock. Thank you for your message.

Hi,

I have seen an article on another forum which says the the external temperature sensor is only used to display external temperature. The "Upfitters and Converters Manual" is mentioned as a reference. This manual is available in the Downloads section of this forum.

I have seen an article on another forum which says the the external temperature sensor is only used to display external temperature. The "Upfitters and Converters Manual" is mentioned as a reference. This manual is available in the Downloads section of this forum.
Thank you

Back