Technical 2009 Fiat Bravo 1.6 Multi-jet Not Starting.

Currently reading:
Technical 2009 Fiat Bravo 1.6 Multi-jet Not Starting.

RobertCass

Hey everyone,

I've got a bit of a predicament here I was driving my Bravo when I had an error come up on my dashboard, the error was - Check Transmission, I thought nothing of this as I've had this error because of the 'Economy' button got stuck on, I continued down the road 100ft to which I then had two new errors come on my Dashboard these were - ESP Unavailable & Hill Hold Unavailable, once I saw this I immediately pulled over once I did this I put the vehicle in Neutral, once I did this the revs started to climb without me touching the accelerator pedal because of this I turned the car off, when I went to turn it back on the car wouldn't start. I've also noticed that the Gear Indicator on the Dashboard isn't there anymore.

So far, I've managed to try some diagnosis, this is by trying to reset the ECU by leaving the battery unplugged for 30+ Minutes, also tried plugging a code reader into the OBD2 port however no codes showed up.

Can someone give me some tips about what could be the problem here as well as some good OBD2 USB Cables for a Fiat so I can diagnose this.

Many thanks,
Robert.

Hey everyone,

I've got a bit of a predicament here I was driving my Bravo when I had an error come up on my dashboard, the error was - Check Transmission, I thought nothing of this as I've had this error because of the 'Economy' button got stuck on, I continued down the road 100ft to which I then had two new errors come on my Dashboard these were - ESP Unavailable & Hill Hold Unavailable, once I saw this I immediately pulled over once I did this I put the vehicle in Neutral, once I did this the revs started to climb without me touching the accelerator pedal because of this I turned the car off, when I went to turn it back on the car wouldn't start. I've also noticed that the Gear Indicator on the Dashboard isn't there anymore.

So far, I've managed to try some diagnosis, this is by trying to reset the ECU by leaving the battery unplugged for 30+ Minutes, also tried plugging a code reader into the OBD2 port however no codes showed up.

Can someone give me some tips about what could be the problem here as well as some good OBD2 USB Cables for a Fiat so I can diagnose this.

Many thanks,
Robert.
Generally speaking, I believe whilst disconnecting the battery on early ECU cars may have had some effect, nowadays a good Diagnostic tool is required.
Many on this forum use Fiat Multiscan program and leads with great success, so there is a section devoted to this to advise you.:)

Back