Technical 2008 punto 1.2 won't start

Currently reading:
Technical 2008 punto 1.2 won't start

Libbi

Hi just wondering if anyone has any idea why my car won't work I've had starter motor changed and earth wore to battery yet when I turn the key still nothing please help

Hi
When you turn the key, do you hear a single tick or ping from the engine bay?
If you do hear something like this, your starter motors solenoid could be stuck, if you have access, tap the top of the starter motor lightly with a hammer or piece of timber, then try starting,
Also have you tried jump starting?
Also another sound to listen for is a slightly high pitched hum from underneath or rear of the car, this would be your fuel pump, this is what you want to hear, so you know fuel is being sent,
Let me know how you go
Cheers

" when I turn the key still nothing "

could you be a bit more precise ? i.e lights coming ON @ dashboard, fuel pump priming etc.
If your starter is stuck, engine switch OFF, 3rd gear engaged, push the car a little (back and forth), then try normal starting, that's an alternative to the hammer/timber method in case you don't have one @ hand...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better- understand your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Last edited:
Hi thanks for reply light's ect are coming on and yes I here a tick and slight hummm but that's it and I can bump start it just not starting with key I've had earth wire to battery changed and it's a new stater motor so now I'm stuck as to what it could be l.

As per your description, it could be the positive power from battery to the starter that's missing. All other components would work ok, BUT the starter. This main lead connects the battery positive (A001) to the starter (A020) and the alternator (A010), nothing else...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better- understand your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Power wiring 1.2.JPG
    Power wiring 1.2.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 38
Hi thanks for reply light's ect are coming on and yes I here a tick and slight hummm but that's it and I can bump start it just not starting with key I've had earth wire to battery changed and it's a new stater motor so now I'm stuck as to what it could be l.

car starts with jumper cables?
car starts with bump start in second gear?

Back