Technical 2008 1.6 multijet 105 EGR

Currently reading:
Technical 2008 1.6 multijet 105 EGR

The dealer will probably not respond, and will think "that's one less annoying costumer..."
Again, just delete the EGR, or have it delete by a chiptuner, and you'll never have to worry about it again ( don't forget to manualy blank the EGR as well..)

That is also very true but then I made sure I paid £100 deposit using CC, so I should also have Section 75.

Do a Google search for a remapper in your area, and ask for only an EGR delete.
That's what I did to my Alfa Romeo GT 1,9-16V jtd with 150HP enough power already.

I will certainly give that a go. Thank you for your help and advice.

Be aware, after an electronical/ECU EGR delete, the valve stays open for anything between 1-10%, still allowing a small amount of dirty exhaust gas to contaminate the engine inside, so always blank it manualy as well.

Will do and thanks.

You don't have to clean the excisting EGR valve, just delete it electronical and manual, and forget about it.
Your engine oil will stay cleaner for a longer time, no more hesitation and black smoke during accelerating, the engine will live longer at the end.

Last edited:
You don't have to clean the excisting EGR valve, just delete it electronical and manual, and forget about it.
Your engine oil will stay cleaner for a longer time, no more hesitation and black smoke during accelerating, the engine will live longer at the end.

I certainly do like the sound of that :)

Just contacted a remapper.

They will use a Quantum map but they do not actually do it on the premises, the send it away but it is a complete remap for £250. They will not just remove EGR as they say they will charge the same.

Find another one, there are plenty of them.
The EGR on my engine was deleted for less than GBP40....( but in Holland...)
Car was on a laptop for about 1,5 hours, and I had to go to them indeed.

I am looking but not many around where I live. I shall keep looking though.

UPDATE Re: 2008 1.6 multijet 105 EGR

Just a quick update on this.

garage replaced EGR valve with a new one FOC. Took a bit of effort but done now.

Thank you all for your help/advice.

Hi the ePer on the Forum only covers up to 2005 with prices to match. I bought a later copy on ebay that covers up to 2014. It's sold as ePer 84 and I think it's the last version that will run standalone without a dealer log-in.
B.T.W Peters remark about greenpeace was probably directed at me. I normally remind people that it's illegal to delete the EGR, DPF or Catalyst from a road car in most countries. I'm not a green, and personally don't care if people do it, but do care that some members recommend such actions without saying that they are illegal.
Robert G8RPI.

Last edited:
Hi the ePer on the Forum only covers up to 2005 with prices to match. I bought a later copy on ebay that covers up to 2014. It's sold as ePer 84 and I think it's the last version that will run standalone without a dealer log-in.
B.T.W Peters remark about greenpeace was probably directed at me. I normally remind people that it's illegal to delete the EGR, DPF or Catalyst from a road car in most countries. I'm not a green, and personally don't care if people do it, but do care that some members recommend such actions without saying that they are illegal.
Robert G8RPI.

no egr cat or dpf = 10 to life

Back