Currently reading:

bunny11uk

:)hello everyone,new member here,fantastic site. i own a citroen relay 2004 2.8 hdi sorry to mentoin citroen, b4 i get in a auto electric guy i must ask for your help, i have a fuse that keeps blowing it controls the, (called) the lighting control switch fuse no 31 10 amp,it stops the heater fan and the ciggi lighter and the windscreen washers and wipers from working. i have tried max fuse 30 amp still blows as soon as the ignition is switched on i have spoken to main dealer bring it in and they will put on dio machine , i have removed dash, glove box ,and disconnected each item and tried with new fuse each time and also checked as best i can for any earthing problems with wiring, i just wish to save a few ££££s, hoping for a reply.
regards

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, I have to ask... Have u tried a Citroen Forum at all?

My suggestion would be to isolate each item you have listed from its power source and see which item causes the fuse to blow (and stick to recomended fusing current values) If you over-rate any fuse you will cause further more serious damage to the wiring loom or start a fire!

Once the offending circuit has been isolated you can begin tracing the culprit.

hi Ffoxy
sorry what citroen forum new at all this,have tried what u have mentioned i will wait to see if some one has had the same problem. thanks again

hi Ffoxy
sorry what citroen forum new at all this,have tried what u have mentioned i will wait to see if some one has had the same problem. thanks again

I found the FIAT Forum by typing FIAT into Google, try doing that but typing Citroen? I know there is a dedicated Saxo Forum (Saxperience) maybe they can help or steer you?

Good Luck.

sorry Ffoxy re the citroen forum do u have any details of one. regards

Back