Technical 2004 1.2 Dynamic losing charge on a new battery (No Parasyitic Drain?)

Currently reading:
Technical 2004 1.2 Dynamic losing charge on a new battery (No Parasyitic Drain?)

I'm still thinking the radio as, for some, it has turned itself on during the night and drained the battery by the morning. It really doesn't matter either that you have the settings so that the radio unit turns off with the engine, if the fault is there it can still come on at any stage during the night and run the battery flat without you knowing. I've caught The Yellow Peril discoing away in my garage a few hours after he's been parked up :slayer: - No key in ignition...

It's been suggested to leave a CD in the radio head unit to stop it switching itself on. You could also get the radio removal pin tools and disconnect it at the back. If the battery holds its charge you'll have found the problem.

It's been suggested to leave a CD in the radio head unit to stop it switching itself on. You could also get the radio removal pin tools and disconnect it at the back. If the battery holds its charge you'll have found the problem.

Keep a CD in the slot. Worked for me when my radio came on random.

Back