Technical 2004 1.2 active semi auto gearbox not changing gear.

Currently reading:
Technical 2004 1.2 active semi auto gearbox not changing gear.

Samueltastic

Hello and thanks for the help

I have a 1.2 semi automatic punto. I went to use the car the other day any found out it won't engage any gears. There are no lights on the dash and the car starts as it should. Putting my foot on the break and engaging the gear box does nothing there's no noise or lights or anything. It had been changing gears a bit odd recently. I always use the manual mode as I find I get better fuel consumption around town.

Anyone know if this is a reasonably common problem to rectify?

Strange, that. Because the manual changing of gears uses the same actuators as when it's in 'auto' , it's just that the ECU takes the control by engine speed and road speed and everything else before deciding which gear it should be in.
If it's in 'manual' and in ,say, 3rd gear, and you slow down a lot it should override that and change down into 2nd .
There's an awful lot on the forum about the Dualogic system. I think I saw another message a while ago about someone with the same problem . I think you should put 'Dualogic problems 'into the search box. There's a wealth of info on the Forum about it.

Back