General 2 months on

Currently reading:
General 2 months on

2 months on - well I have had my Cinq Sporting for two months now, and we are getting on very well indeed.

I paid £500 for it, it had a little bit of tax and Mot until July, its the newest car I have ever had which may seem strange for a 36 year old, apart from the initial problem with the water pump I have had no real problems, I was initially worried about maintaining it, with the engine compartment being so small, and I have to say, its possibly the easiest car I have had to work on!! it is even cheap to buy parts for, also on the same note it isnt the sort of car I would normally have bought, but I have always liked them since they came out - I was a mini fanatic when Top Gear featured it in their programme!!, and so to now - I went and bought one without ever having driven one, or knowing anyone that had one, I am glad I did. I armed myself with a bit of knowledge from this very forum, and it worked wonders.

My £500 got me a 1997 yellow sporting, at 49,000 miles body wise its in fine condition, the only thing of any concern is a small dent in the tailgate, I can live with that for now - you dont see it when driving!! the interior is like new, it came with a stack of paperwork, including all mots since it had to start having them, which backs up the mileage, everything works on it just like it should, even the handbrake is good!

The cinq I find has really good fuel consumption, and it doesnt use any oil or water, it starts with eagerness. It keeps up fine in traffic, is even great on the motorway at between 60-70, which is my preferred speed, but more fun off the motorway!!

A bonus is that my other half has become to like it! we go everywhere locally in it now and she has been known to take it out herself before now, she drives a 'bubble shape' Rover 214, its dead smooth and feels 'big' in comparison, my little Fiat feels really sharp and nimble after driving hers.

Have I any complaints? after all the period has gone where it was 'new' to me, well no complaints really!! I am glad I bought it, "a break from the old routine!" :) (y)

I would have to agreee. I just got my S reg fiat Seicento S and its the most simpliest car i have ever seen. Petrol, oil, water as you stated it doesnt touch much but ovcourse it touches the petrol otherwise i wouldnt be going newhere lol. Iv had it at 75 on the motorway, yes it did sound like it was hiting its max which its probably was but it still cruised nicely at that speed.

Overall you cant really complain about it. Its my first car, going to be cheap on insurance, cheap on petrol and its like a go kart around the roads. WHERE YOU 4x4's CAANT PARK I CAN :p

ParkyKidd

Overall you cant really complain about it. Its my first car, going to be cheap on insurance, cheap on petrol and its like a go kart around the roads. WHERE YOU 4x4's CAANT PARK I CAN :p

ParkyKidd

Yup, agreed, it's opened up a whole load of parking possibilities for me.
Anyone got any pictures of theirs parked amusingly?

Back