General 2.4 20V Fuel Pump Relay: Is there one?

Currently reading:
General 2.4 20V Fuel Pump Relay: Is there one?

Don't forget it could be just an intermittent connection on (say) one of the connectors (cam & crank being most likely)

Might be worth a spray with contact cleaner (don't use WD40)

Re: 2.4 20V Intimitant Non-start

I bought a new ignition ECU, which was on eBay for £51, absolute bargain! Connected it up yesterday, run a bit **** first of all, but then self adjusted itself and runs perfectly. Took it for a drive and all was OK. Went to start it this morning, and the problem came back, would not start. Only camshaft sensor to replace now and that’s all I can think off, unless there is a electrical guru out there that can assist

Hi Dax. I'm pretty close by (Canary Wharf) if you ever need an extra pair of hands (y)

Don't forget it could be just an intermittent connection on (say) one of the connectors (cam & crank being most likely)

Might be worth a spray with contact cleaner (don't use WD40)

You say don't use WD40, I sprayed my whole engine bay with WD40 whilst it was in storage, and thinking about it now, the problem has only happened since doing this. Why exactly would you not use WD40?

You say don't use WD40, I sprayed my whole engine bay with WD40 whilst it was in storage, and thinking about it now, the problem has only happened since doing this. Why exactly would you not use WD40?
It's a lubricant / water repellent rather than a contact cleaner.

Spraying the electrics of the engine should be good (as it repels moisture) but you don't want to spray the actual contacts on plugs/sockets etc since it could act as a slight insulator - which is the opposite of what you want

Back