Croma 2.2 Prestigio only 29k miles

Currently reading:
Croma 2.2 Prestigio only 29k miles

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-FIAT-CROMA-PRESTIGIO-150-RED-/301061652324?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4618ac3f64

$_57.JPG

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I see engine warning light on,might be nothing too serious.But then why not fix it before trying to sell the car?

Does that light come on just because the Right Front Door is open (as displayed)..? I don't know whether it comes on for something so trivial. Either that or the EGR valve is blocked, the DPF is stuffed full and the gearbox has melted.

Nice though, but too expensive as Dave says.

I don't understand Croma wheels though. Mine's a 56-reg Prestigio (but a 1.9D manual) and it has totally different wheels. Was there a facelift during 56-reg?

On mine that triangle is the "check engine" light,and and yes it could be something trivial as I said.If it is the windows, how long does that take to sort out?10 - 15 seconds?Why try to sell a motor on ebay with warning lights on?I ask myself. :rolleyes:

Hello. Hello... Can anyone hear me?

Is the light on because the door's open while the engine's on?

Just noticed it's a petrol. My offer's £34.95 in that case.

The yellow triangle has nothing to do with the door being open,if thats what you mean Doofer.The red door symbol tells you door is open.The triangle is a warning light as Dave's handbook says,all I'm saying is why not sort out any problem if it's trivial if you're selling a car?Gives any potential buyer leverage against you when haggling even if they know there's nothing much wrong.

Following on from Daves post, the handbook notes that the triangle in question for the petrol engine version could infer:

- Fuel Cut-off switched on
- Rain Sensor failure
- Parking Sensor failure
- Twilight Sensor failure
- Generic Failure (handbook describes this as "engine oil pressure sensor is faulty")
- Check Tyre Pressure
- Flat Tyres
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System failure

Shame we can't send someone around to check it out - we could run a book on which one it is :D

Following on from Daves post, the handbook notes that the triangle in question for the petrol engine version could infer:

- Fuel Cut-off switched on
- Rain Sensor failure
- Parking Sensor failure
- Twilight Sensor failure
- Generic Failure (handbook describes this as "engine oil pressure sensor is faulty")
- Check Tyre Pressure
- Flat Tyres
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System failure

Shame we can't send someone around to check it out - we could run a book on which one it is :D
My money is on the Parking Sensor Failure!!

Ah yes - I did try opening my door today and it didn't appear.

Almost all those errors sound expensive. Except the flat tyre - I didn't know Cromas even had an option for this feature, so it won't be that one.

I always assume that if something is sold with an error (or "untested") then the seller knows exactly what's wrong with it, it's knackered and that's why they're trying to dump the problem on someone else. Am I too cynical?

Back