Technical 2.0 20v turbo in a brava

Currently reading:
Technical 2.0 20v turbo in a brava

mikeyprg

hey all. just want to know if any one has managed or even know of any one fitting a 20vt to a brava , i understand its going to be a tight sqeeze infact a reallllyy tight sqeeze but like i say any one know of anything. im sure i can modify the bay to house a intercooler along side having the rad within such a tight space but just fancy knowing some info ;)

many thanks michael :)

The engine bay is identical to the Bravo and Marea. Have a look at bulldogs thread here. He fitted a 20v Turbo to his Marea so you can deffinatly fit one to a Brava or Bravo its been done quite a few times.

Ive seen quite a few photos of Alfa V6 Bravos and Bravas on google but I dont know the details on whats involved.

Last edited:
many thanks for that lads! just what i was looking for just wanted some confirmation that it is physically possible :p . id personally want to move the fuseboxes and and place the battery in the boot id probs put the fuses in the cockpit some where ease of acess then :)

ahh ..it didnt sound too bad imo.definatly something goin on with the turbo tho,the amount of blue smoke.

That were 2 year ago now,i wonder if its on the road somewhere as it is in the uk (car in the background spotted) or if it ever got made or ended up in bits :confused:

Mike

I was in the car trade for over 20 years and could never get my head round why you cant just get a turbo (not lump just the turbo) and all the bits and pieces ie brain intercooler etc and just bolt it all on the 5 cyl lump thats already there would save pulling your motor about like this 1 but then i was a painter come machanic so im sure there is a good reason why its not so easy as that

I was in the car trade for over 20 years and could never get my head round why you cant just get a turbo (not lump just the turbo) and all the bits and pieces ie brain intercooler etc and just bolt it all on the 5 cyl lump thats already there would save pulling your motor about like this 1 but then i was a painter come machanic so im sure there is a good reason why its not so easy as that
Fundamentally, different compression ratio and pistions for a start. There are so many parts you would need to add and change whats the point when Fiat have already profesionally done it for you in the coupe turbo unit.

The coupe also has a Viscous differential.

Back