General 1st pics of Imola Cinq Hi-boost turbo

Currently reading:
General 1st pics of Imola Cinq Hi-boost turbo

that is looking tidy, nice work. Be interesting to see how taking the air feed from there goes. In my car, i've now got what used to be a fish tank temperature monitor with a sensor placed inside my air filter. So basically i know the rough inlet air temperature all the time, fitting something like that to yours might aid in figuring out if its working taking air from there?

arc said:
that is looking tidy, nice work. Be interesting to see how taking the air feed from there goes. In my car, i've now got what used to be a fish tank temperature monitor with a sensor placed inside my air filter. So basically i know the rough inlet air temperature all the time, fitting something like that to yours might aid in figuring out if its working taking air from there?

Yeah, good idea, I could try it for curiosity reasons, but I know the air temp is cold from there as that’s how you can get cold air in the cabin of the car as its the same vent.

On the turbo set up the air filter sits in the engine bay facing the bulk head, and especially on the hi-boost models having the intercooler as well in the front of the car, there is no cold air from flow that can be used, so anything will be an improvement on it drawing directly from the hot engine compartment.

Cheers for positive comments :)

i had to restrain myself :p , my real feelings for the car would not be suitable for a public forum :eek:

anything that goes 'psssttt' makes me dribble :D , maybe when im older i will not need to dribble over everyone elses turbo :chin:

Just noticed something which I thought was odd, Aaron when you got Mases' Cinq it was running a standard Sporting bumper wasn't it with coloured coded gaskets? Did you fit the Abarth stuff?

Liam

bloomfieldliam said:
Just noticed something which I thought was odd, Aaron when you got Mases' Cinq it was running a standard Sporting bumper wasn't it with coloured coded gaskets? Did you fit the Abarth stuff?

Liam
Hi mate,

yeah I got the front bumper, skirts and rear spoiler from a scrap yard in Imola blue for £140 a few weeks back, saved me having to cut the bumper up cos it ws perfect, or having to spray the red one up as the standard bunper has no opening for the intercooler, whereas the Abarth one does as it can be seen clearly through the mesh.

It s going to be remeshed and the other gasket hole cut out as oil cooler sits there.

Colour matches up well too!

bloomfieldliam said:
T'is nice, good find and price mate, well done you jammy git!

Liam
It was someone on here who posted the link to a good scrap yard that did mail order I went on saw they had "purple" front bumper with spotlights and side skirts and rear bumper and thought fook it i'll buy the lot even tho I had no idea from the description if it was the abarth stuff or not but I knew that Imola had to be the colour and there was a good chance it was the Abarth stuff and lo n behold it was.

I sent them a PM to say thanks but never heard anything back so can't remember who it was but the scrap yard was up north somewhere.

Back