General 1994 Fiat punto 55 clutch pedal vibration

Currently reading:
General 1994 Fiat punto 55 clutch pedal vibration

turbo93

Hi guys,

I got my dads punto and 5000 miles ago we replaced the clutch. A few weeks ago when pressing the clutch pedal we could hear a loud clicking noise but now its gone. And also the 1st, 2nd and reverse gear are sometimes hard to put in place. What could this be?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
and welcome to FF,

1, check nothing has worked loose,

gears, could be the selector mechanism is loose or worn,

2, clutch,
if the noise has stopped..hard to tell,
so does the pedal still vibrate..??,
all the time or only when depressed..??

Charlie - Oxford

No the pedal still vibrates. And the clutch has been recently replaced.

I think you're going to have to pop the gearbox out again, it sounds like a problem with the release bearing.

I also noticed that whenever i press the clutch pedal i hear a noise as if the aux belt slips. Does it have to do with anything?

sounds like the thrust bearing has either come off the fork or is falling to pieces, could be damage on the pressure plate too. When you did clutch did you replace the bearing and pressure plate too or just the actual clutch plate?? But screeching would point towards the bearing generally.

The whole kit was changed. I suppose it must be the pressure plate or the bearing.

It does indeed sound like the thrust bearing. I'd look at it ASAP - when we bought my sons' Mk2 with a similar problem the bearing had chewed away at the spigot it slides on effectively scrapping the gearbox as it's part of the casing. However, a session with plastic metal saved the day!

Hi guys, changed the whole clutch kit as what had happened is the hudraulic pipe had gotten blocked and burned the clutch and destroyed the thrust bearing. Thanks all for your help :)

Back