Styling 18's on a mk2b???

Currently reading:
Styling 18's on a mk2b???

TomAld

Hi guys,

Anyone fitted 18's on a mk2b? I want to know before I buy tyres. Its already lowered 35mm.

Cheers, And any help is much appreciated. :devil:

Attachments

• DSC03255.JPG
    DSC03255.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
they will rub and you will have next to no power, as its lowered i don't know if they will fit at all without a lot of work, personally stick with 15's maybe 16's

Last edited:
not to mention the fact they will look like pram wheels on the car. each to their own and that, but u will need very unforgiving tyres (35 profile) and some arch roling to get em to fit, not forgetting the roling radius will be affected which will add strain to the clutch and gearbox, give u a slower take off and put the speedo out.

Thanks, in that case I've got a set of 18's for sale lol. (n)

Check out your existing rolling circumference and compare to the 18s you want to fit. Bear in mind the 5% is actually a big difference, but the 'box should be ok though in-gear acceleration and top gear speed will be reduced.

dont do it.
days of big wheels are gone, its all about how low you can go now.
just put a new set of 15's or 16's and drop her even more than 35mm
will look alot better (y)

yer i would avoid 18's even 17's as they look far too big. I have 16's with 45 profile they dont rub and look better than 15's.

I have not lower mine quite yet but also planning on 35mm but will be after 50mm in the future. not going down to 50mm at the moment because where i live there are so many speed bumps but if you can lower that much do it.

Back