Styling 17s

Currently reading:
Styling 17s

Well I cant argue with you mate, think id get along with just fine, cos hey Im running a smart on 17" and love the look! It has also then lead me to change the car in more ways such as larger front body panels so I could easily lower the car 40mm. As for performance, it hasnt been effected massivily in my opinion, yes it has abit but not to snail pace.

TBH Im looking at to go for 18" rear eventually so I can get a larger tyre with, currently on 215 45 r17 but want to go to 225 35 r18!

Phoenix3dfx225 said:
As for performance, it hasnt been effected massivily in my opinion, yes it has abit but not to snail pace.

tosh, utter tosh. your car struggles to 70mph ffs!

a cinq aint a smart. smarts have 15" wheels std, cinqs have 13". So the cinq equiv of 17s would be 15s.

oh and it made it there in a flash orginally? I think not. If I took out all the weight of speakers etc then its very similar. There useless with out remaps.

cinqysxmk2 said:
19s have been done, but IMHO look a bit sh!te...

4208cinq191-large.jpg

4208cing192-large.jpg

and 17s wouldn't look too much smaller...

what in gods name is that :confused:

i would actually spit on that car if i saw it tottering about on those stilts, absolutely awful (n)

oohh what are these fully adjustable FKs, i have a quote for just front adjustable ones (highsport) at £390 so £500 may be right for fully adj On the FK website it says Rear height adjustables are in production atm. So this may be what the Highsport II's are :confused:

ok hit a stumbling block with the fully adjustable coilovers. they are all adjustable but the back starts at 50mm lower :eek: then can adjust down from there!! em dont think that work on my car tbh!!! :p ill keep looking!
xxx

Ooo.. sorry.. not been on here for ages and just found my old car in a thread.. thanks for the compliments on it!!

17s on your car will make it sluggish, digit, i got used to it and it didnt bother me,, was not til i brought a 1.8i MGF that i realised how slow my cinq was! My car was lowered 30mm on 17s and scubbed with any weight in the back, even a few shoppin bags,, so if your planning a big stereo system you may need a re-think!

Good luck with the project!
Hippy

Yeah.. my little baby... still liked it better when i had it though,, although i think im a tad bias!! Ah, I do miss it sometimes when i see the pics.. !

Im not convinced that the lines of the car really flow properly any more.. also not sure about the film in the side windows,,, and they ought to put something on to protect the bumper under the exhaust...
... listen to me, and its not even my car any more!!

Yeah.. the person who brought it emailed me not long after,, i then found out that he'd had a slight prang in it, and i think thats why the body work changed so much!! He emailed me some pics of it once the work was finished. Kept meaning to go and see it at shows, but i think i would have drove out in it if i had,, or just cried!! Once i traded it in, i kept going back to see it,, then was a bit gutted when it sold!!
Its strange to think i spent so long getting it to look one way, then it gets completely changed,, still atleast the current owner is busy with it rather than not being interested!
What are you up to with your car then?

Yeah :( still dont know how you managed to get rid :( lol

Saying that its only really the arches and paintjob thats changed in fairness :) still look at it and think hippycinq :nerner:

I've had too many cinqs (and a sei) in the meantime lol and now on my turbo cinq which im just tidying up and doing bits to as and when :cool: :D

Cool... you stuck with them then! I still have the MGF that i brought after selling the Cinq, just got new mats and a teddy with an MG jumper on.. such great modifications i have made!! Unfortunately the house takes up the money these days, poor car gets petrol and gallons of coolant which it spews out regularly, and thats about it!

Back