155 HGT Running Temp ???

Currently reading:
155 HGT Running Temp ???

K

Karl

Hi,

Yesterday a changed the Thermo over and now my temp holds fine but is sitting smack bang on the middle notch...90 i think that represents. I thought that the temp gauge was meant to sit half way between that notch and the one below it..

I tried bleeding the system using the trusted method but again mine does not have the bleed on the two pipes runing from the back of the thermo so was only using the left\right bleed on the radiator..

I can also hear a water slushing noise now when i first start the car up, i had the car running for about 40mins with the heater on whilst bleeding it and topping the expansion tank up what could that be?? any ideas....

I thought that the temp gauge was meant to sit half way between that notch and the one below it

yer thats where mine sits,halfway is normal operating temp.

Karl there is another screw you can bleed to try get some air out (if any) its actually on the head,just under the rocker cover.Its right at front in the middle facing you...its a torx type screw/head. I did it with mine and quite a bit of **** blew in my eyes lol Its may be a bit tight just watch you dont round it.

What will need to be removed to get to this screw you have mentioned.... just so i know im on the right track to find it....

P010810_075601.jpg

if its same place as mine you cant miss it.Its basically on the bit that the rad pipe connects to:

Nice one mikey, i'll check that out as soon as i can..... pics are a great help cheers

Found it, just need the tool to open it....

Had the injector light stay on lastnight on starting the car up after visiting Asda but it disappered again after a quick plod on the throttle.... no issues in performance...

Wonder if there still is air in the system or the MAF is on its way out???