Technical 155 HGT Power Problem

Currently reading:
Technical 155 HGT Power Problem

bravo580

Howdy all,

Got a little problem that is starting to annoy me no end & I don't know where to look first to fix it. When sitting in neutral if you plant your foot to the floor it rev's freely right the way round to limiter with no problems. When driving along if you accelerate with the throttle up to about 3/4 way down it pulls strongly all the way to the limiter up through each gear but if you go full throttle it stutters/hesitates a little then surges up then stutters/hesitates again then surges again all the way to the limiter.

All in all it surges up smoothly as long as you don't use full throttle. I would have normally had this checked out at a garage but I've been recently made redundant & basically I can't afford it.

Please help! :confused:

Last edited:
Hello,
The 1st thing to check is the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor
it is located on the air induction pipe between the air filter box and the throttle body. unplug the electrical connector that goes to it and take the car for a quick test drive. :)

Last edited:
Hello,
The 1st thing to check is the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor
it is located on the air induction pipe between the air filter box and the throttle body. unplug the electrical connector that goes to it and take the car for a quick test drive. :)

I agree... maybe you can resolv this problem cleaning the MAF... extract it from the intake pipe, then clean the little and VERY FRAGILE wire that cross it with a contact cleaner spray.
You can check also the spark plugs (overall condition and electrodes distance), maybe when you go full throttle one or more plugs cannot ignite the high mixture quantity that suddenly flows into the combustion chamber...

Another thing you can do is to reset the ECU. Simply disconnect the battery for at least 15 mins, then connect it again and try (y)

Thanks for the replies gents.

I unplugged the MAF this morning & started up, idling was normal except for the injector light was lit up but as soon as I atempted to give it some gas (even the slightest bit) caused it to bog down & almost stall.

I've checked the plugs also & they are clean & healthy, in fact they look almost like new even though they've done about 3,000 miles so far.

Going to attempt giving the MAF a clean this afternoon, very very carefully :D

Back