Technical 100HP Ventilation Controls playing up

Currently reading:
Technical 100HP Ventilation Controls playing up

Liteboy

I have a strange problem with the ventilation controls on my 100HP. No matter which button is pushed, Screen, Face or Feet the air comes out of the screen vents, the buttons all light up as normal but I am sure there used to be a little clunk from within the dash when it did work. The climate control/aircon seems to work ok and the recirculate button makes something happen in the dash so guess that is working too. Anyone got any ideas ?

Ok I have fixed it. If it happens to anyone else you need to remove the plastic trim on the center console where the gear stick gaiter sits and then remove the main plastic wrap round part of the center console. If you then look up into the center console from the passenger side foot well (standing on your head virtually) you will see some white plastic gears and lever. At the lower end of this is a removable(two small bolts and a wiring connector) gearbox. This had jammed, I removed it, carefully dismantled it and then cleaned and re greased it. It now works perfectly.(y)

So, stood on your head with your legs dangling out the door disassemling the gear component before you fainted.............and you couldn't take any accurate pictures? Selfish.

Seriously - thanks for this. I have feared when this will happen........

So, stood on your head with your legs dangling out the door disassemling the gear component before you fainted.............and you couldn't take any accurate pictures? Selfish.

Seriously - thanks for this. I have feared when this will happen........

Lat time I did any contortions like this in a car it wasn't to fix the air con. (And it was frighteningly long time ago.)

Thanks for the info - could be invaluable.

Back