Technical 1.9 JTD - replaced crankshaft sensor - now won't start [EGR?]

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 JTD - replaced crankshaft sensor - now won't start [EGR?]

If its black, then its over fuelling, blue, then its burning engine oil. Did they do anything else to the car, or simply replace the crank sensor? (other than diagnostics of course)

If its black, then its over fuelling, blue, then its burning engine oil. Did they do anything else to the car, or simply replace the crank sensor? (other than diagnostics of course)

No mate, just the sensor

I had similar problem, turned out to be the crank sensor (cambelt off job) (n)

I had similar problem, turned out to be the crank sensor (cambelt off job) (n)

Cambelt off? On my 1.6 (when it all of a sudden felt like not starting at all, only the starter worked like a dream) the crank sensor was pulled out, brushed (corrosion) and reinserted. Have run perfectly for 2 years since.

M.

Doesn't the JTD have 2 sensors, one on the flywheel and one on the cam shaft? Could he have changed the wrong one.

I meant cam sensor :rolleyes:, i would have been worried if they had taken of the cambelt to do the crank sensor:D

I meant cam sensor :rolleyes:, i would have been worried if they had taken of the cambelt to do the crank sensor:D

Lot of sharp brains here at the FiatForum. Many here could have out-manouvered the technicians at Fiat where I live. It belongs to the story that they didn't recognise what car I came with... despite they had sold it.

I can't think of how many thousands I have saved thanks to this forum. Hm, it feels like I have to make a new contribution.

M.

Lot of sharp brains here at the FiatForum. Many here could have out-manouvered the technicians at Fiat where I live. It belongs to the story that they didn't recognise what car I came with... despite they had sold it.

I can't think of how many thousands I have saved thanks to this forum. Hm, it feels like I have to make a new contribution.

M.

(y)(y)(y)

Dodgy battery and EGR valve, running lovely again now.

Bugger, already changed battery and had egr valve checked so both are fine. FIAT think the ecu has broken and say they will put anther one on to try it. If it works it will cost £450 plus 1h labour for a new ECU. I personally don't think it is the ECU as it ran fine for a week after first doing it. Find out on Monday though after they have changed it.

Back