General 1.9 JTD Remapping

Currently reading:
General 1.9 JTD Remapping

KurtB

Hi people,

I'm playing with the idea of getting my car remapped, and would like some opinions from people who have got it done.

What companies did you use and how much did it cost? Looking on the angeltuning site for £300 it reckons I should get +40bhp/55 ft lb.

Also did you have to upgrade any other components ie gearbox, clutch etc, as ideally i'd like to remap it and do nothing else to it :D Its a 115bhp 1.9JTD with about 85,000 on the clock would an engine this old take to the mapping well?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi people,

I'm playing with the idea of getting my car remapped, and would like some opinions from people who have got it done.

What companies did you use and how much did it cost? Looking on the angeltuning site for £300 it reckons I should get +40bhp/55 ft lb.

Also did you have to upgrade any other components ie gearbox, clutch etc, as ideally i'd like to remap it and do nothing else to it :D Its a 115bhp 1.9JTD with about 85,000 on the clock would an engine this old take to the mapping well?

Cheers.

Type "Remapping" into the Forum earch tool (y)

Celtic tuning is also another popular company for this service. They boast 165bhp after their remap. The clutch shouldn't destroy itself provided you drive sensibly. Driving like a loony with 115bhp will wear a clutch quickly. The gearbox also adopts that theory. Alot of JTD stuff is shared with the 170bhp Abarth, so should be able to handle the extra power.

Rag the backside out of any car and it won't be long before you are buying spares.

Last edited:
Cheers for that mate. The celtic tuning seems to give an extra 40 or so ft lbs over angel tuning (havent checked the price though as its not on their site), although I should be able to get £45 off the angel tuning price.

I did do a search but didnt really find many different companies offering the remap, so thought i'd try.

Cheers

I had mine done at chipped UK in Bromsgrove and had a rolling road printout done at 159bhp and 250 lb/ft of torques, the car was a different beast after.

so much power it was unbelieveable, the clutch was fine (only had slip twice in 5k miles on a 60k miles car and original clutch)

Back