Technical 1.9 hymer Ducato

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 hymer Ducato

maireadbeag

Hello everyone.
I purchased an old Fiat Ducato Hymer motorhome I drove it some 15 miles back to my home it was parked up for the last 3 weeks after I tried to start it but it would cut out after 20 seconds other times it won't start at all I came back to it the following day it started up drove forwarded a little but cut out again. It seems to me it's not getting fuel maybe dirty diesel or is not getting siphoned from tank to engine. I put 30 euro diesel on the day I purchased it maybe been idle for couple of weeks.
Maybe there's something else I can do if not I'll just bring it into some garage. If there is anything I can do let me know and thanks

Hello everyone.
I purchased an old Fiat Ducato Hymer motorhome I drove it some 15 miles back to my home it was parked up for the last 3 weeks after I tried to start it but it would cut out after 20 seconds other times it won't start at all I came back to it the following day it started up drove forwarded a little but cut out again. It seems to me it's not getting fuel maybe dirty diesel or is not getting siphoned from tank to engine. I put 30 euro diesel on the day I purchased it maybe been idle for couple of weeks.
Maybe there's something else I can do if not I'll just bring it into some garage. If there is anything I can do let me know and thanks

hi. I would suggest checking the live feed to the pump solenoid sounds as if there may be an electrical fault either with the solenoid or the connections or faulty wiring. if you take it to a garage find one run by a old time mechanic as younger guys don't have the knowledge or experience on old stuff.. good luck.

Hi - just joined this Forum.
Have a Hymer B634 and got same problem. Did you resolve this?
IO think I have water in diesel filter

THANKS

Back