Technical 1.7 TD dump valve

Currently reading:
Technical 1.7 TD dump valve

scoobysam

hi im 18 and taking my driving test soon and my dad said he would insure me on his fiorino if i do get insured i had a stupid idea of fitting a dump valve to the stock engine. i know its a stupid idea but would you know if it is possible would anyone even make one that would fit a fiat diesel van. any help would be much appreciated. also does anyone know what bar of boost the standard turbo is set at ? :D

so thats all you have to say ? you have no relevant answer to my question ?:bang: . if anyone can actually 'HELP' me it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would doubt you would be able to get anything for a florino van seen as the 1.7 engine is no longer in production in the UK

Although you could become an FF guinea pig and make something or adapt something from a tipo or uno TD dump valve if you can find one.

scoobysam said:
so thats all you have to say ? you have no relevant answer to my question ?:bang: . if anyone can actually 'HELP' me it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Unfortunately for you, this forum is quite friendly and alot of harmless banter goes on. Alright? (y)

Dump valves on diesels do nothing and cost a ****e-load to buy and fit. The normal ones on petrols dont work with diesels, I dont know exactly why but have a search and find out.

So, not worth it imo!

Back