General 1.4 Petrol tested in Autoexpress today

Currently reading:
General 1.4 Petrol tested in Autoexpress today

Have you tried it? No....

I just kept it in my coat (which I knew I would have with me every time) and forgot about having to worry about keys etc.

also, what happens if you trip over and bash the key?

surely it can only be robust as the next plastic thing, and its very thin :chin:

at least with a key you can bend it back

serin said:
but with a key, you take it out and have to take it out before you leave

that little reminder is useful to people like me, who have crap memories

also, how do you check it locked?

you go towards it, it unlocks, so unless you give your card to a stranger to hold, you cant (unless you have fanastic eyesight and can see the litlle think go "plink" or belive the flashing lights

if you're forgetful, you can slot it into the slot which is a holder and card reader, most people just stick it in their pocket and forget about it though. You can't forget to take it out of the car, you never take it out to leave it if you use it properly!

You don't need to check it is locked, you get the flash of the indicators and the clunk of the deadlocks as you press the door handle and leave. You also see the interior light go out if it's anything other than bright daylight. Since the car has 6 indicator positions and you can hear it, it's more than enough.

ANd serin, you're missing the point, if you close the door and walk away, people can't walk up to the car and get in, they don't have the keycard! If you walk away normal locking happens, just not deadlocking. I assume it works the same on the clio in this way.

Bob in disguise said:
I think its just a gimmick you've fell for...

you didn't drive the merc or use it everyday, I am not stupid and don't fall for gimmicks. I thought it was a useless gimmick then I actually used it for a weekend and I would have swapped the in dash CD changer for it any day!

You're right, you can't get the finance deal with the Grande Punto, Barchetta, or Multipla Dynamic Family Range.

This is a bit silly, who is going to buy a car on a high APR when so many good 0% deals are about? e.g. the rest of the Fiat range!

mathew said:
You're right, you can't get the finance deal with the Grande Punto, Barchetta, or Multipla Dynamic Family Range.

This is a bit silly, who is going to buy a car on a high APR when so many good 0% deals are about? e.g. the rest of the Fiat range!

But people argue that the Punto is a step above the rest of the Fiat range, so I guess that's a reason. Not everybody pays by interest free too, so to them, the G.Punto will be cheaper as they are not subsidising the others.

Thought that the key card system thing caused the insurance industry so many sleepless nights that it was done away with on UK spec models... Also thought I had upset a lorry driver earlier as he had followed me halfway round Derby and right round to the garage round the back of the house :eek: turns out he was dropping a neighbours C5 back which was dead due to transponder problem...

I heard that too, it was either an urban myth or the insurers realised it was no problem.

It's just like having a key, you can't get in without the keycard on you, you can't start the engine without having the keycard on you. So I guess if somebody steals the keycard you're buggered, but that's the same if they steal the key!

No, it only unlocks when you pull on the handle, walking passed it just primes it to unlock. It auto locks anyway as soon as you're away. Cost is expensive I think, but sush ;)

Hellcat said:
Also if you have gone out the house there is a good chance you have keys to get back in.. Putting the car keys on the bunch is the logical solution.

Plus you'll look a gimp putting your 'card' in the bowl at the swingers party :confused:

I don't know, I am not much of a swinger ;)

I found that a lot of the time you don't get your house keys out, whether you're not at home or somebody else unlocks it, but then again, handsfree on the house next ;)

Hey, I wouldn't knock the card system, it works!

My uncle bought the Scenic almost a year ago, he was showing me how secure it is and it does work. One BIG advantage the keycard has over normal keys is, if you have that off day where you take the key/keycard out the car but forget to lock it, the keycard will lock it but obviously, your key wont.

I'm very narrow minded though, there's something about Fiats that will always have my money...gits!

Despite now being a posh Fiat owner, I'm glad to see that this wonderful section of cyberspace has lost none of its verve for thrashing out the whys & what fors of Fiat cars.

To pick up on one post, page 1, Bob in Disguise, I was aware of the old 2 + 1 warranty deal (same as on my Alfa) but was shocked by the 1 year only AA deal!

I saw a red, 55 plate, 3 door new Clio that looked OK yesterday. Kinda nice really.

Despite the many frustrating problems with my beautiful 3 door Stilo (mainly loss of aircon for 8 months over 2 years I had it, and in the summer, not good when you do between 5 & 700 miles a week), I still really love Fiat cars (inc the new Croma) but I am not blind to other brands (just wouldn't buy them).

The Punto would be mine without hessitation if I was in the market for a very, very, stylish towncar.

Cheers,

Simon

Hello Bob-in -Disguise,

Looking at the photo of the Renault Clio, I think it looks a bit like the 3- door Stilo from the B-pillar backward i.e. shape of rear window, flat sides with an inclined shoulder....?

New%20Clio.jpg
:yuck:

Hmmmm i dont really see it looking like a 3 door stilo in anyway :eek:

The stilo is wider and has bigger angles on the shoulder running below the windows and the windows on the stilo are less curved across the top, i can see where your coming from, but i wouldnt say it looks a like....

Last edited:
Back