General 1.4 Petrol tested in Autoexpress today

Currently reading:
General 1.4 Petrol tested in Autoexpress today

The Negotiator said:
And I bet as a learner driver you were fully capable of knowing what was a good car ;)

Yep seen as though i was and still am doing motor vehicle and transport studies at university ;)

Means nothing, I have been driving since 12-13, I learnt to drive in a Corolla 1.6 vvti, it seemed fine, can I say more than that? No, because I learnt to drive in it in a totally fake situation.

The Negotiator said:
That wouldn't be why Fiat didn't put them on.

thats because unless they're seperate, they're intergrated into the front head lamps like on the stilos.

As for that clio, which costs £11k (86 Dynamique (sp) thing) you dont even get air con on it! The spec on it isnt much better than the active...

All new Fiats are available with 4 years 0% finance. This makes the decision for most people. And the fact that most reviews agree that the Punto and Clio are both good, which would you buy? I'd buy the one that was far better value and looks allot nicer!

Fog lights there are useless! Hence why they sell the separate ones I guess.

Granted about the aircon, but remember handsfree isn't even an option on the g.punto ;) I am going to tell Mr Renault off about making A/C and CC an option.

From what I see on fiat.co.uk, air con isn't even an option on the g.punto dynamic 90 though?! am i missing something?

The Negotiator said:
Fog lights there are useless! Hence why they sell the separate ones I guess.

Granted about the aircon, but remember handsfree isn't even an option on the g.punto ;) I am going to tell Mr Renault off about making A/C and CC an option.

From what I see on fiat.co.uk, air con isn't even an option on the g.punto dynamic 90 though?! am i missing something?

If they were completely useless they wouldnt be there at all, theyre just not as good ;)

Air con is standard on it and handsfree is standard on the sporting and eleganza and an option on the dynamic, just not on the active. I take it your just looking at the fiat website? I have the full brochure so i know a bit more...

When you go on "build a car" it doesn't give the option or state that aircon is standard.

Hellcat, I learnt off road at that age and then learnt on the road when I was ready and legal to drive.

Edit: I mean handsfree locking and starting.

The fiat websites never really been very informative....

Theres a PDF from the grande punto microsite of the brochure and the specs are a bit better laid out on there.

Granted about the handsfree locking, but even thats an extra on an already more expensive car....

Hellcat said:
Whats so difficult about turning a key? :confused:

from what i can remember, you can only have a fully adjustable steering rack if you have the keyfree starting thing, which is a option you have to pay for (at least in the lower models)

OK, I thought the card was a gimmick, then I used it! It is unbelievably useful!

Ok, it works like this. Have card in your pocket (24/7). Walk out of house, walk up to car (locked) pull handle and gets in (it knows it's you, it unlocks). Get inside, press start, drive away, card still in pocket.

You never have to look for keys again, just keep the key card in your pocket (don't attach to keys) and aslong as you are wearing clothes, you have it with you! Go to asda, get out, press the lock button on the door handle (windows + sunroof close) and it deadlocks. Do shopping, come out with loads of stuff, walk up to boot, open boot, no fiddling with keys, put shopping in, get into front seat, press start and go.

Seriously, try it, it is absolute genius since it is literally like having an unlocked car and no need to have anything to start it, just a button! Like it should be if people respected everybody else's property!

and then you leave it in your pocket, and put it in the wash...

or leave it in your other jacket....

or forget which item of yesterdays clothing you left it in...... (Jacket? Coat? Trousers? did you take it out? :chin: )

or the batteries die......

or.....a whole number of possibilities

IMO id rather have a metal key :rolleyes:

Warns you when the battery will run out, can break just as often as any transponder key. The revised versions don't go wrong, the initial one did (on the laguna II, but they learnt).

I love it, never have to hunt for keys again, no need to unlock or bother putting key in, aslong as you have clothes, you can drive car!

serin said:
and then you leave it in your pocket, and put it in the wash...

or leave it in your other jacket....

or forget which item of yesterdays clothing you left it in......

or the batteries die......

or.....a whole number of possibilities

IMO id rather have a metal key :rolleyes:

Erm, you have the same issues with a metal key Serin....think about it....

That's just like people who said "people could steal the car then!" - the chance of somebody stealing it is no more with the keycard than without.

no your have to hunt for a card instead

Give me a car with remote central locking anyday, the card is just some stupid thing you can show off down the pub with. But no one will be impressed because its from a renualt...

You put a metal key in the wash itll still work afterwards...

The Negotiator said:
Erm, you have the same issues with a metal key Serin....think about it....

That's just like people who said "people could steal the car then!" - the chance of somebody stealing it is no more with the keycard than without.

but with a key, you take it out and have to take it out before you leave

that little reminder is useful to people like me, who have crap memories

also, how do you check it locked?

you go towards it, it unlocks, so unless you give your card to a stranger to hold, you cant (unless you have fanastic eyesight and can see the litlle think go "plink" or belive the flashing lights

Back