Technical 1.4 8v Check Engine - P0202

Currently reading:
Technical 1.4 8v Check Engine - P0202

Ho guys,

I didnt find info I need, so maybe here - on todays MOT they found permanent error P0010, which points to VVT system. Do you know please resistance range values of VVT solenoid? I measured 10,2 Ohms. Thank you very much!

That's not related to this topic.

Google says resistance should be between 8-12 Ohms. It also knows to say that many times the cause is from the lack of maintenance and dirty oil. You could try cleaning the valve cover and change the o-rings if the error persists even with a new vvt sensor. Although the error code might not directly say that the problem is with the sensor itself. DIY- guy changes it anyway and clears the code. (y)

I've also found out that on some Fiats p0010 code is for EGR, probably related to diesel models.

Thanks eeeno. I konw thats off topic :-( I cleaned valve cover few years ago ( previous owner cooked that engine). Those O-rings are my next move ;-) And thanks for that resistance range. It can be also clogged oil input from oil pan. I changed oil 5 times during 3 years, cleaned camshaft and so on. But I didnt checked engine from the bottom, oil pan and so on. Because I have no diag anymore, I asked authorized service to make diag, repair and clear that code on monday. So VVT soleniod is OK so I can advice them to check timing and correct oil pressure and its distribution to VVT shifter

You'd better change the vvt sensor too because it may be the issue here.

We will see after diag. I cleaned VVT solenoid, used 12V to it - it clicked ok, cleaned contacts. My secret tip are those O-rings to VVT shifter, because valve cover was removed twice without changing gasket + O-rings. I tightened all valve cover bolts, but it doesnt help. So we will see :-(

Just an update - authorized service today cleared that P0010 code, upgraded ECU SW to latest version, did own (Bosch) emission test + chcecked timing & VVT solenoid. Im so happy that engine, which was totaly cooked is in 100% condition now...yes, my golden hands...as usual :)

Last update - so Fiat ECU remembers some codes and show them as permanent even everything is running good. This code was there because 1 year ago I disconnected VVT solenoid when engine was started and that caused P0010 error. It stays in memory even though I connected it back. I thought that every error code will disappear after few successful drives, but obviously not :)

I was able to clear a permanent error code with a cheap elm327 bluetooth obd reader with android "car scanner" app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ovz.carscanner

Yes you were supposed to clear all codes once you have fixed the issue. It may need to be cleared with Fiat specific obd tools only found at Fiat service. :(

However the VVT sensor or wiring to it may still have a fault which is constantly detected by the ECU.

Back