Technical 1.3 multijet flywheel/timing chain

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 multijet flywheel/timing chain

segafantasia

Hi to everyone,
500L 1.3 multijet ... Recently done an oil change and when the oil drained there was a few shards of plastic amongst the old oil, so at this point alarm bells rang while i studied the fragments and it turns out to be timing chain guide, so as this is my daily and loved, i decided it's chain time and not too soon by the look of it .... any way strip down has gone to plan, well almost i have the relevant tools but i'm stumped !. If i align the crank with the little guide tool the camshaft locks do not line-up, if i line the cam shafts up and click the little locks in place the crank is not in place ? the car runs like a dream even stop/start works excellent fuel returns, no smoke every thing is good. Now i wonder if the timing is that far out how on earth could it run ? or is it possible that previous owner had a new clutch and "FLYWHEEL" (little service history sadly) So does anyone know if the flywheel is from a different multijet as i look for flywheel tool and noticed different locations to lock it ie many show the lock pin in through the bottom of bell housing but mine is a slot on front of engine next to crank sensor & DPF ..... does anyone know if other model flywheels although looking the same and size could be used hence the timing/lock hole being in a different place ?
Any advice at this point would be helpful thankyou.

Hi to everyone,
500L 1.3 multijet ... Recently done an oil change and when the oil drained there was a few shards of plastic amongst the old oil, so at this point alarm bells rang while i studied the fragments and it turns out to be timing chain guide, so as this is my daily and loved, i decided it's chain time and not too soon by the look of it .... any way strip down has gone to plan, well almost i have the relevant tools but i'm stumped !. If i align the crank with the little guide tool the camshaft locks do not line-up, if i line the cam shafts up and click the little locks in place the crank is not in place ? the car runs like a dream even stop/start works excellent fuel returns, no smoke every thing is good. Now i wonder if the timing is that far out how on earth could it run ? or is it possible that previous owner had a new clutch and "FLYWHEEL" (little service history sadly) So does anyone know if the flywheel is from a different multijet as i look for flywheel tool and noticed different locations to lock it ie many show the lock pin in through the bottom of bell housing but mine is a slot on front of engine next to crank sensor & DPF ..... does anyone know if other model flywheels although looking the same and size could be used hence the timing/lock hole being in a different place ?
Any advice at this point would be helpful thankyou.
Hello
I have exactly the same issue , how did you get round this problem?

Back