1.2 litre Multijet Diesel Fault Code PO160

Currently reading:
1.2 litre Multijet Diesel Fault Code PO160

RJX13

1.3 litre Multijet Diesel Fault Code PO160

My 1.3litre diesel multijet Idea has developed an engine failure, the fault code is PO160. Has anyone any experience of what this code is and how it can be rectified?

Last edited:
Ox sensor circuit no activity detected - sounds like your lambada has become disconnected possibly?

48cc to be precise. Yes I should have called it the 1.3 litre multijet. The actual engine displacement is 1248 hence my mistake.

B.

The car is a FIAT IDEA, though I guess it is the same 1.3 multijet diesel engine that is used in the Punto and Panda.

B.

the fault code is P0160, not PO160, you shuold have got a small booklet with your codereader that explans all the codes, however there are plenty of places online that tell you generic and manufacturer specific fault code meanings.

P0160 is on this list: http://www.elprog.com/download/Auto_dijagnostika_programi/OBD2_kodovi/obdcodes.pdf
it says:
P0160 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

this tells you that it is your second (aka downstram) lambda sensor that has no signal at all. usually that means it is comepltey dead or there is a wiring fault.

a1ant's suggestion that the wiring connector may be the problem is also my first thought. if in doubt change the lambda, but make sure you change the right one.

Last edited:
Back