Technical 1.2 air filter removal?

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 air filter removal?

Hi,
I have a fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (59 reg) and I want to replace plugs thyus needing to remove air filter.
The front two fixings are standard 10m bolts but the rear one (hidden beneath th bulkhead) appears to be completely different. No bolt, no key just a plastic cone with no simple way of removing that I can see (cant see it actually as it's hidden).
Anybody come across this problem and any solutiond out there?
Cheers

Hi Andy,
Not quite like the Grande Punto as you described but you certainly put me on the right track by mentioning allen key.
The third rearmost bracket is held by an allen key headed bolt which unscrews by putting key through middle of black plastic bracket.
Then removed as you described.
So thanks again.
Brian
ps having accessed the plugs I removed the original Fiat/Lancia NGK plug and compared it to the Bosch plug supplied by Euro Car Parts only to find the nose of the NGK plug is longer!
So back to the forum for advice and, I suspect, back in will go the old plug for the time being.
pps I don't have this trouble with my 2CV ... and only two plugs!

Hi Andy,
Not quite like the Grande Punto as you described but you certainly put me on the right track by mentioning allen key.
The third rearmost bracket is held by an allen key headed bolt which unscrews by putting key through middle of black plastic bracket.
So thanks again.
Brian
ps having accessed the plugs I removed the original Fiat/Lancia NGK plug and compared it to the Bosch plug supplied by Euro Car Parts only to find the nose of the NGK plug is longer!
So back to the forum for advice and, I suspect, back in will go the old plug for the time being.

The 1.2 500 uses extended tip plugs.

I'd suggest you make yourself comfortable & read this thread in its entirety before proceeding further.

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/293274-fiat-500-1-2-pop-spark-plugs.html

Last edited:
Thanks JR,
I had already researched plugs on the forum have bought some on e-bay via the link on the forum. I've opted for the 'original' NGH ZKR7A - 10 and was not tempted by iridium type as didn't want to invalidate warranty or have to re-gap. I will attempt to get a refund or credit note from Euro Car Parts though they were delivered over a month ago and there terms and conditions state 7 days which is a bit unrealistic.
Lesson learnt here is to consult the forum before ordering parts and not rely on suppliers websites.
Regards,
Brian

Thanks JR,
I had already researched plugs on the forum have bought some on e-bay via the link on the forum. I've opted for the 'original' NGH ZKR7A - 10 and was not tempted by iridium type as didn't want to invalidate warranty or have to re-gap. I will attempt to get a refund or credit note from Euro Car Parts though they were delivered over a month ago and there terms and conditions state 7 days which is a bit unrealistic.
Lesson learnt here is to consult the forum before ordering parts and not rely on suppliers websites.
Regards,
Brian

Brian

I don't know if you've seen my other related thread:

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/297458-plug-lead-pliers.html

but I was wondering how you got on with removing the HT leads.

These days, my ageing hands struggle to grip properly when reaching down into awkward tight spaces :( & I'm looking for a little extra 'assistance'.

Last edited:
Well in the end I only took one plug out then put it back again so I didn't find HT lead too bad but that might be beginners luck.
Thanks for your help Andy.
Regards,
Brian

Hi Andy,
So thanks again.
Brian

Thanks for the tip in using an allen key - need to stick a 4mm allen key all the way down to unscrew. This is on my 2016 1.2 petrol engine anyway. Cheers

Back