Tuning 1.2 16V to 1.4 16v lancia Y (punto mk1)

Currently reading:
Tuning 1.2 16V to 1.4 16v lancia Y (punto mk1)

strider

Hello, so I have this idea of a 1.2 16v FIRE engined lancia Y (practically a punto mk1) to be swapped with the 1.4 16v stilo engine and stilos 6 speed gerbox. I have heard that the 1.2 cylinder head is better than the one on the 1.4 is that a direct swap if true?
Also wanting to know what wiring harness to use, how to set up the exhaust, are the head compression ratios the same or not, what kind of fabrication if any is needed, what ECU (lancias or stilos), also need to know if the bigger gearbox will fit and if it will mount on the 1.2 block. Feel free to respond with everything that is needed to take in account if swapping these motors. And in general if anyone can direct me to a thread of a similar build if already done.

Lancia Ys appear to be lighter than puntos thats why i would go for the lancia (also + points for cool factor) if anyone was wondering.

heads are straight swap yes, the earlier 1.2 ones have slightly livelier cams is the basic difference..

I'd assume the lancia is cable throttle rather than fly-by-wire throttle, in which case the easier option is the 1.2 ecu - alternatively you could add a electronic throttle pedal to the lancia and use the 1.4 throttle body but I'm not 100% sure whether the ecu will be happy to run the engine without other canbus body modules from the stilo donor or not, you'd have to do some reading up on that part.

Harness wise if you can find a mk1 punto 1.2 sporting as a donor thats probably the best bet, you could use the engine harness and ecu and theres probably some random little bits you'll possibly need as well.

yes the gearbox will fit any Fiat FIRE engine, but you may find that you lose a bit of steering lock, on a cinq/sei you have to limit the lock as the wheel hits the end of the gearbox at full lock (6 speed is longer than the 5 speed).

Best of luck, should be a proper awesome little car, I've had a 16v swapped cinq myself and they must be about same weight as a LanciaY, went really well.

Back