Off Topic 1.2 16v timing tools pleaseeeeee :)

Currently reading:
Off Topic 1.2 16v timing tools pleaseeeeee :)

Anyone willing to sell me or lend me their 1.2 16v timing tools pleasee?
Doing my headgasket asoon as possible, i have done it without the tools before but would like to be safe this time! :) many thanks! Aaron 07738 419917

ive timed 16v's up about 10 times and never gone wrong
you dont need special tools.

If your car has air con then look at the belt divider in the middle of the crankshaft pulley, there will be a notch like a cresent shape....

otherway is if it hasnt got air con look closely on the face of the trigger wheel theres a little centre punch mark on the trigger wheel

align that up with the crankshaft sensor. the cylinders are timed

for the camshaft take the bolt out the cam cover and use a 1/4 inch drive extension piece (they fit snuggly in the notch) and rotate the cam shaft until the extension piece slots into the cams (you shouldnt need to rotate it much if you timed the cylinders 1st

Ive managed to get a set from munkel as id prefer to have these tools anyways for the future!

Does anyone know of a stronger headgasket i can use? or can i double up a headgakset?
Last time i has it skimmed it was polished/skimmed the top of a valve which is pretty close i think :/

Ive seen a headgasket on euro car parts for £18.90 which im considering or are they all the same pretty much?

they will be locked because the socket extension will act exactly the same as a cam locking tool
diy you loosen cam pulley?
Ive seen a headgasket on euro car parts for £18.90 which im considering or are they all the same pretty much?

Payen Gaskets are a good make any decent motor factors should be able to get you a payen kit with bolts,
make sure the top of the block is clean before fitting

Back