calling the ff cavalry.. help needed

Currently reading:
calling the ff cavalry.. help needed

Andy_sx

Established member
as some of you know my gearbox died again last week and im desperatley trying to find a replacement box.

this time around im going for a bravo box, but cant find anything locally. so here is my request to you good people.

as and when you are next going to the scrappy can you keep an eye out for a 1.2 bravo or brava and see how much for the gearbox, the newer the car the better, so if its a 51 plate there are more pints in it for you...

cheers for the help as always guys

Andy

PNL, what kind of details would you be after mate???

Apple, thanks for that mate, but its a hell of a journey for someone with no transport at all. will give them a try though mate, if they are agreeable enough i will sort a courier through work :devil:

well i was thinking you and a mate could go up dont think a gearbox would take that much room up

You can fit one of those gearboxes in the boot of a Cinq...so it'll fit in anything else easily.

Id think couriering it'd be very expensive...its 30kg!

All I need is engine size and type year of registration of car EG -01/51 and whether is 5 spd or 6 spd also i will need to know if its the only gearbox fitted to that model cos some vehicles did fit more than one type of box just general stuff give me a list ok(y)

PNL said:
All I need is engine size and type year of registration of car EG -01/51 and whether is 5 spd or 6 spd also i will need to know if its the only gearbox fitted to that model cos some vehicles did fit more than one type of box just general stuff give me a list ok(y)

ah gotcha. as i cut n pasted from Boo (ty fa) i was complacent that everyone knew waht car i had.

its a 99 fiat bravo 1.2 (1242) but preferably, id prefere a late bravo 1.2 box as it is generically stronger (51 plate for instance)

the only other car that has exactly the same is the 1.2 brava unfortunately.

im looking to fix Patch up to sell her, but will want her to be reliable and not skimp too much on repairs, yet without paying through the nose

much appreciated all

OK with that mate I will make inquiries and let you know ASAP off to bed now everyone so good night all:sleep: :p

PNL said:
OK with that mate I will make inquiries and let you know ASAP off to bed now everyone so good night all:sleep: :p

Andy says cheers, he's escaped from his PC. TY from me too ;)

Back