media card troubles

Currently reading:
media card troubles

trying to upload my pics off camera but......

when i slot it in the reader on the lappy when i open the files they are empty...

so i put the card back in the camera and it says no picture... i try to take a picture then it says card full.... why???? :cry:

i need the pics they are of stanford

Can you view the existing images that are on the card on the camera? It could be some filesystem corruption on the card. There are tools to try and rescue images off cards - better tools than chkdsk...
Here's one option, but there may be cheaper ones -
Photo Rescue
H

Last edited:
Oh dear. This is where you want an image of the media card before you start messing with it - dd is ideal, but it doesn't come with Windows (see Dave, problems like this is why some of us don't use that Windows junk :D ). My advice would be to not touch it for now, wait til the weekend, and let your friendly computer geek have a go at it using some more advanced tools than you get with Windows. It worked for my sister's badly broken Windows hard disk.
What sort of media is it? CompactFlash? SD? SmartMedia?
H

Friday. I don't fancy lugging a great big computer over to just the other side of Rochdale...
H

Sammi, can you believe he's asking you to lug that whole memory card all the way to his? Not a true gent!

Back