Photoshop Challenge - 20-26/05/05

Currently reading:
Photoshop Challenge - 20-26/05/05

I have chosen this weeks car, because it's a car that I don't think looks too amazing in showroom form, but I have loved many of the things I have seen done with them. It will be very easy to find images to inspire you not to mention films, but it would be nice to see some original takes on this car that aren't already available as kits, etc. I'm sure you will all do what you see fit, hopefully it will provide some enjoyment for everyone taking part.

The rules are as usual:-

Upload your finished entry to the Photoshop Gallery using the title -

Username RX7PSC

No steeling parts from previous digitally modified vehicles.

This week will be the first try of a one day vote, so you have until Thursday 26/05/05 at 18:00 to upload your finished work.

Attachments

• 0 RX7.jpg
    0 RX7.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 62
Hmmm im seeing deffo potential for this one, i think im going to go with a whacky idea for this week!!

The gay community is obviously not as thriving as you imagined on the Fiat Forum.

I think I have chosen something fairly easy here, especially with the lack of background, I thought it should allow people not only to explore the potential of the vehicle, but also their own modding potential.

Not much activity here, so I thought I'd start the ball rolling with an update of my non-entry.

Not much done, just a colour change, window & light tinting, lowered, new rims and a slight shape change of the rear wing/spoiler thingy.

Attachments

• 0 RX7 4.jpg
    0 RX7 4.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 26
Hehe wait for mine!! When i said wacky i meant it, i didnt mean a gay colour!!!

luke1985 said:
Thought id give this one a go, Heres a very rough W.I.P.

going down the mean street racer look. Got some good stuff planned :cool:

reminds me of something :p

bugatti-veyron-big.jpg

im not sure if im gonna do this one ( i gotta pick my battles now :p) so far ive got it in an origainl shade (Mazda RX-7, or at least what i THINK it looks like) of lime green :D with a set of OZ superleggras, all superfluos lights removed, and the numberplate removed, but im cant think of anything to do to it without going down the standard ricer route :chin:

Last edited:
How's everyone getting on? I've been doing a little work on the lights as shown below. It appears that it's a fairly common mod on the MkIII RX-7, but I've tried to not make the lights identical to the shop modded ones, it's a little difficult for them not to look similar, if you keep the same shape.

Attachments

• 0 RX7 5.jpg
    0 RX7 5.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 20
Well at least we have an extra day this week and the absence of a background should make area selections a little quicker for everyone, so I think most people should be able to come up with something relatively quickly for this one.

Neofolis said:
Well at least we have an extra day this week and the absence of a background should make area selections a little quicker for everyone, so I think most people should be able to come up with something relatively quickly for this one.

Just realised this will have a one day vote, i should be entering then :D

Very slow going for me as i'm trying something new again this week.

I'm most likely not going to enter into the votes anymore either.
It's not the reason i do this stuff, and i think there's far too much differences between the styles of modding for them to be judged against each other, by a lot of people who, without meaning to sound rude, haven't got a clue about the complexity of the pohtoshopping involved.

This is just my opinion and i don't want it to detract from anyone else entering the polls.

Good choice of car this week Neo (y)

It's quite difficult to mod because of all the none angular shapes, it's a very funky shaped car. :)

heres mine so far :D

made a new side thingy (the names gone outta my mind)

but nothing since my last post (y)

Attachments

• Untitled-2.1.jpg
    Untitled-2.1.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 23
It is an unusual shape KoA, I particularly like the subtlety of the curves, it's not something you see very often. Just a shame they made the rear window and rear lights so ugly, but at least you can't see them too easily from this angle.

I'd like to do a wide body kit, because this car has a great shape for it. There are already a few wide body kits available for the car, so it's not very original and I'm not sure it's within my capability either, but I might give it a go.

I know what you mean about the voting KoA. My last design may have been a crowd pleaser, but I spent considerably less time tidying it up than I usually do, there were a few bits that looked very rough, but as we know people don't necessarily vote for the best quality of finish, yet that is probably what many of us are striving for, although for me at the moment it's more about improving my artistic ability, so that I can create my own mods rather than copying and pasting bits all the time.

This is mine at the moment, nothing much changed, a little more work on the lights and I've changed the style of the rear wing.

Attachments

• 0 RX7 7.jpg
    0 RX7 7.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 18
Not sure if i want to enter into the poll this week either, a comment made by someone when i last entered really made me think that some of the voters are clueless :p

I have made a quick (1 hr-ish) mock-up of how i want mine to look. I won't be posting an update till tuesday, at the earliest...

ps- I know theres lots wrong with it atm, (hence mock up ;) )but i won't get round to sorting it until tues.

Attachments

• joes rx7.jpg
    joes rx7.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 23
Back